PDA

View Full Version : any hotels in scotland that have a its own airstrip

PPLvirgin
6th Apr 2014, 19:04
Hi all,

am looking form sometihng similar to goodwood. Big open space, lots to do and has a private airstrip with a hotel literally on site.... is this common?

anywhere in scotland that is similar?

where would be your top 3 in the uk for the above guys?

regards

Tris

Fostex
6th Apr 2014, 19:22
Glen Forsa or Gigha

Sir George Cayley
6th Apr 2014, 19:50
Glasgow has an Holiday Inn right opposite the ternimal:ok:

I recall Perth (Scone) might have some too.

SGC

flystrathclyde
6th Apr 2014, 22:08
Perth has a 'Skylodge' on the airfield offering reasonably priced modern accommodation. (Approx £20 per night if you are staying a few nights)

If you are seriously interested in using Glasgow International let me know and I might be able to help!

Cumbernauld also has a few decent hotels nearby.

Most airfields in Scotland has either some very close accommodation, or some very friendly natives willing to help!

Allan

irish seaplane
6th Apr 2014, 22:28
I landed at Kinnaird and stayed there. It was a hotel at that time but I think its a B&B now. See on google maps a big flat field in front of the hotel about 420m long running parallel to the river. Truly awesome place.

The Kinnaird Estate | Bed and Breakfast Guest Accommodation | Self Catering Estate Holiday Cottages | Nr Dunkeld Pitlochry Perthshire (http://www.kinnairdestate.com)

:ok:

flybymike
7th Apr 2014, 00:17
I think there is a hotel on the airfield just over the border at Kirkbride.

Flyingmac
7th Apr 2014, 07:36
any hotels in scotland that have a its own airstrip

I can't think of a single one. Maybe I haven't looked hard enough.

ChickenHouse
7th Apr 2014, 08:35
There are not many airstrips in Scotland without accommodation right next to it. Due to their weather conditions, they are also very used to organize non-scheduled overnights ...