PDA

View Full Version : single engine charter

p.schulz
2nd Apr 2014, 15:05
Dear All,

I am looking to charter a single engine aircraft from Farnborough or Biggin Hill mainly to Paris LBG, Brussels, Luxembourg and Rotterdam. I usually fly on a King Air (90-100 hours a year) but I heard that the single engine aircraft can significantly reduce the cost. The trips are mainly day or next day returns.

Anyone would be able to help?

Best regards,

Peter

B200Drvr
3rd Apr 2014, 01:35
Peter.
I presume this is for business, and not knowing how many pax usually travel, I would check out Your insurance requirements first, You might find it is cheaper to stay on the King-air. Furthermore, at this level the safety aspect has to come into consideration and two turbines is better than one!

E50P
3rd Apr 2014, 08:48
Peter -

The regulations that cover commercial air charter pretty much preclude the use of single engine aircraft for charter work.

The wording says:
- The operator shall not operate a single engine aeroplane at night or in IMC conditions (which is anything other than very good weather conditions & not flying in or through cloud)

The full wording for anyone that wants to know is in EASA OPS, CAT.POL.A.300

If you are offered a single engine charter, it may not be legal, you may not be insured & the crew and aircraft may not be being operated to standards required. Please take a moment to read this: https://www.caa.co.uk/docs/1196/20071015IllegalPublicTransportPRCampaign.pdf

It is a few years old bu the key points are still true

Phil Brockwell
3rd Apr 2014, 15:46
Peter,

There are no UK operators that can fly single engine flights n IFR conditions. There is one in France, but I suspect that it would be more cost effective to use a local twin rather than ferry and aircraft from France.

Assuming these trips are important enough that they can't be cancelled every time it is cloudy I'd stick with what you have, or buy a TBM / Meridian - there are many owners out there doing less flying than you.

Phil

Mister Blue Sky
4th Apr 2014, 09:44
Peter,
We operate a fleet of King Airs in the South East so we may be able to offer you some savings on your existing costs.
Please PM me if you are interested. I am very happy to discuss options.
B rgds
Mike

heli14
4th Apr 2014, 17:10
Maybe try fractional ownership? JetFly (Luxembourg company) have a base at Denham, with PC12's - i'm sure there are others in the South East too.

jiggi
4th Apr 2014, 18:15
There is also PC-12 AOC-operator in Finland, relatively new I might add. Maybe not helpful for the OP but nice to know.

guy jonathan
5th Apr 2014, 12:56
Hi Peter

We have BlackHawk KingAir 200 for Charter from very Private licensed runway operational 24hrs. You really can be in Europe for Early morning meetings, and fly home at night!
If you want to know more then please do send me Private Message. Guy

silverknapper
5th Apr 2014, 13:21
It's a common misconception that Single Turbines are vastly cheaper to run than twins. They aren't. I bet even if you found a dodgy charter in a Pilatus it would be the same cost as a king air.

winkwink
7th Apr 2014, 15:18
Hi Peter,

I've sent you a private message. Any problems, let me know.

TheiC
7th Apr 2014, 19:27
Peter,

I've sent you a private message too. I hope it'll be of interest.