PDA

View Full Version : Perth Airport open day to support Charity Air Ambulance

flystrathclyde
29th Mar 2014, 10:03
This Sunday, Perth Airport is having an open day to support the Scottish Charity Air Ambulance which is based at the airfield.

All landing fees on the day will go direct to the charity and will be collected by them at their base in the control tower.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Scotlands-Charity-Air-Ambulance/425300300896932

(I hope this is not treated as as advert due to the Charity)

airpolice
29th Mar 2014, 17:14
A bit more notice would have helped their cause.

Crash one
29th Mar 2014, 19:22
I think it's been on the SAC website for a least a month, or do you need a personal email invite?

md 600 driver
29th Mar 2014, 20:08
Crash one
I think it's been on the SAC website for a least a month,

I googled the sac website but could not find who they are ! Who are SAC ?

It's a shame more notice wasn't given I would have loved to come and support them before the borders close and our aircraft need special permissions to fly over the border

flystrathclyde
29th Mar 2014, 20:19
Apologies for the short notice.

The event itself was arranged at relatively short notice and all involved are trying to raise awareness of the charity with minimal spend.

SAC is the Scottish Aero Club based at Perth Airport. They are hosting the event to tie in with the chairman's 'round the world in 80 days' which is also looking at raising significant funds for the charity.

We will be happy to repeat the event (or have something similar) if there is interest. We are keen to promote the Air Ambulance and can assure any visitors a warm welcome at Perth.

Feel free to provide suggestions!

Allan

Maoraigh1
29th Mar 2014, 20:28
I think it's been on the SAC website for a least a month, or do you need a personal email invite?

It's not uncommon to send an email to LAA Struts and Flying Clubs, who then circulate their members - IF trying to attract outside aircraft.

Crash one
30th Mar 2014, 11:34
My apologies, 12 March I think was first mention, nearly a few weeks!

dont overfil
30th Mar 2014, 12:00
I am told 200 personal invites were sent out by post to pilots in Scotland.

Maybe they were in brown envelopes so would have gone straight in the bin.:)

D.O.

maxred
30th Mar 2014, 12:40
I am told 200 personal invites were sent out by post to pilots in Scotland.

Wonder who the lucky 200 were. Must have been something I said:8

Mines was not in the post:hmm:

Oh I forgot, last time I was at Perth the operator blocked the runway with the firetruck. Wanted to talk to me, allegedly........

140KIAS
30th Mar 2014, 13:38
I emailed SAC a couple of months ago asking about membership and which one would apply to me - still waiting a response

Presume they dont want new members ?

dont overfil
30th Mar 2014, 15:15
Oh I forgot, last time I was at Perth the operator blocked the runway with the firetruck. Wanted to talk to me, allegedly........
Wrong airfield! I believe it was 'PG.:=

D.O.

maxred
30th Mar 2014, 16:51
Wrong airfield! I believe it was 'PG.

Eh....no.

Great story though, not for here:eek:

Unusual Attitude
30th Mar 2014, 17:44
Ok, I'll chime in here and hold my hand up firstly as being one of the Committee members of the Scottish Aero Club at Perth.

There was indeed a mailshot done to a list we received from the CAA of aircraft owners in Scotland and Northern England which was an attempt to attract some new members, visitors to the airfield and to advertise the Charity Air Ambulance event.

As it happens, in traditional Scottish fly-in tradition, the weather has been terrible all day (mist and drizzle) and nothing would have got in or out of Perth anyway!

I emailed SAC a couple of months ago asking about membership and which one would apply to me - still waiting a response

Presume they dont want new members ?

Ok, that's news to me but if you want to mail me at: [email protected] it'll be sorted right away.

We have over the last few months been attempting to drastically improve our communication with both our members and the wider outside world hence where I come in. Our Website is also updated very frequently with all the latest goings on, not just at Perth, but also other interesting fly-ins etc:-

www.scottishaeroclub.org.uk

Not sure if mod's will allow this to stand on the grounds of advertising however we're a non commercial outfit, owned and run by our members, purely with the aim of encouraging and facilitating general aviation in and around Scotland.

Regards

UA

maxred
30th Mar 2014, 17:58
The Scottish Aero Club are a really good outfit. I used to be a member for a few years. Great group of guys, and I can vouch that they really do attempt good lines of communications.

I am now N reg, have been for four years now, so that explains my non letter:ouch:

Sorry UA about your weather, it has been full IFR in most parts of the Central Belt. I flew in from Ireland on Friday, and I hit it all. Zero viz, snow, 50 kits headwind. I did think this Sunday might not be on..

flystrathclyde
30th Mar 2014, 18:32
Despite the weather, there were a reasonable number who turned out to show their support for the Scottish Charity Air Ambulance.

A reasonable sum of money was raised which was the initial aim!

The charity is based at Perth Airport and some involved are keen GA people. Unfortunately, the weather today was not suitable for visitors flying in. However, feel free to stop in and show your support next time you visit.