PDA

View Full Version : Skippers Aviation

kjay
18th May 2002, 12:29
Im thinking about applying with Skippers Aviation in Perth was wondering if any one could tell me more about them. And is working for a smaller company a good stepping stone to the more mainstream companies.
Any info appreciated.

CHEERS.

MissShagwell
19th May 2002, 12:41
kjay,

Go to http://www.skippers.com.au. The aircraft they operate are Dash 8's and Brasilias both of which only require one flight attendant. With regards to applying for them, you have do decide whether you would like having to deal with passengers by yourself without the back up of other crew members (in those tricky situations!!) and whether or not you enjoy flying on small aircraft. It seems to me that these days it doesn't matter to airlines if you have previous F/A experience or not but more a case of whether you have what they are looking for in their staff - think Virgin Flair.
Hope this is of use,

Shaggy. ;)

skyways
19th May 2002, 13:21
every company has its bad points, skippers is no exception. its a pretty good job, although every now and then you'll get a load of pax who aren't exactly the most pleasant people in the world, but hey, you get that with RPT as well.

on the other side, you get to know your pax pretty well after a while, which is especially good on the longer runs, cause then you've got people to talk to after the service.

plus, even though you're working by yourself down the back, the pilots are really good and never fail to back you up in those 'tricky situations' (and they do come up!!), plus you can always talk to one of the other guys when you all get back from your flights and more than likely they've had the same problem/issue or whatever.

i dont know how its going recruitment-wise at the moment, but you have to apply at cabincrew.staffcv, they don't accept hardcopy resumes.

hope this is kind of helpful!

kjay
20th May 2002, 11:09
Thanks for all the info, much appreciated.
I guess being the only flight attendant has been one of my biggest concerns, as ive had no flight attendant experience it could be a bit nerve racking with all those miners on board. But it could also be good experieince.
Ill check out the web site and have a good think about it.

Cheers.;)

skyways
23rd May 2002, 08:43
don't be too worried about not having any experience and being by yourself, its definitely the fastest way to learn!!:)

kjay
24th May 2002, 11:24
Thanks Skyways.
Ive applied through cabincrew.staffcv.
I think it would be very challenging and rewarding to be the only flight att on board.
Could you tell me about pay rates and hours.

CHEERS.:)

FloatJockey
25th May 2002, 13:58
If you are keen enough, I suggest you try giving them a call as well! You can ask for Nicola Sines. She is junior HR there. My hubby saw her in Perth last month, he got a walk-in interview on the spot (didn't get the job though... :( Oh well...). I'm pretty sure she would be nice enough to give you a few details (if/when recruiting, etc.). Cheers!
Mrs. FloatJockey

kjay
26th May 2002, 07:35
Thanks Mrs Floatjockey
Ill give her a call tomorrow, hope your hubby has better luck next time.

CHEERS