PDA

View Full Version : MECIR Stand Alone Via Fee Help Melbourne

Flyboat North
27th Mar 2014, 01:59
I understand this can be done at the RVAC

Anywhere else - for example CAE ?

Thinking it would be quite useful to establish a list of "stand alone" MECIR/FIR rating providers

I know FTA can do a MECIR, ATPL and also starting a FIR on a standalone VET Fee Help basis. Respective costs approx $35K, $5.5K , $23K

TVSA do an integrated course - on VET anyone know if they do an MECIR

Other states , what about that bastion of aviation excellence RAWCA , who did made that quantum leap in Aussie flying training by bringing the UK licence here - they into VET/Fee help stuff.

BlatantLiar
27th Mar 2014, 03:15
Why would anyone do a standalone MECIR that isnt part of a cadetship?

Am i doin it rite flyboat?

Homesick-Angel
27th Mar 2014, 12:38
The only good thing about these vet fee courses is that working as a pilot you'll be lucky to earn over 47000 or whatever the payback threshold is for quite a few years. Work as an instructor at an aero club, you may never get there..:}

manymak
27th Mar 2014, 13:04
How is it a "good thing" having tens of thousands of dollars in debt attached to your name which you may never pay back in some cases, and we wonder what is wrong with this country.

Stay away from the big schools. Small outfits and aero clubs are still offering MECIR and FIR for less than $15k in some cases if you do your homework.

Skydiveandy
27th Mar 2014, 13:26
Flyboat North, didnt you start a similar thread 23rd April 2013 answering your own question ?

Sounds like someones trying to use pprune for markerting again

:ugh:

Black_Knight
27th Mar 2014, 21:20
Flyboat, call TVSA, they do an integrated MEICR that gets you the hours for a CPL. not a VET- FEE CPL course.

tail wheel
9th Apr 2014, 17:48
Flyboat North 24 March 2014:

Can find a historical link on the website - from google search

But nothing on the current website

Looking for some info on the cadet program for Qatari nationals how many per year , where the training is done, selection tests that they use

Thanks

How can a foreign national access Australian Government VET Fee funding - unless you hold dual citizenship?

in-cog-nito
10th Apr 2014, 07:44
Is this the same "Go Straight to the Jet - Go Cadet" Flyboat North?
Doesn't the Go Straight to the Jet - Go Cadetship cover the MECIR?