PDA

View Full Version : EC145 Throttle Info

Komodo01
26th Mar 2014, 19:14
Hi,

Can anyone supply me with some info on the throttles on the EC145?

I'm after the number of degrees of rotation each throttle has from fully closed to flight. Also at what angle of rotation does the Idle release pop out?

Is there any other mechanisms at work on the throttles I haven't mentioned?

Any help appreciated.

BR

K

What Red Line?
26th Mar 2014, 22:23
From the Training Manual

The fuel control of each engine is controlled by twist grips, which are part of the collective lever. By turning a twist grip, the setting of the fuel control is changed via a ball bearing control cable (Flexball). Due to this setting the fuel flow to the combustion chamber is regulated.
As long as the twist grip is not in flight position the caution “TWST GRP” illuminates on the respective side of the CAD. The signal is given by a micro switch located at the input lever of the fuel control.
Position "0"
The twist grip is turned fully to the right until its stop. This position allows no fuel flow because both valves and the metering needle are closed.
Position "20"
This is the position used to start the engine. The main valve is partly open and the acceleration cam freed. After light-off the TOT can be controlled manually by turning the twist grip.
Position "30"
The "30" position indicates the idle position, which is approx. 70 % ±2 n1 speed. This position has a stop if it is approached out of the flight position. Before engine shut down the twist grip has to be unlocked by depressing the unlock button.
Position "F"
The flight position is marked "F" and reached when turning the twist grip to the left until the stop. This position is used during all normal flight operations. The main valve is fully open and the fuel flow is controlled automatically to keep the n2 speed (rotor RPM) constant.
"EMER" Range
In case of an automatic control failure (underspeed) the fuel flow can be controlled manually by using the "EMER" range. To get into this range a guard has to be flipped open and the twist grip turned further to the left.
That means the fuel flow (n2 speed I rotor RPM) is controlled manually by the auxiliary valve.

Komodo01
27th Mar 2014, 19:49
Great stuff,

Thanks for that!!:ok:

BR

K