PDA

View Full Version : EASAs and the CAA

Barbadosbelle
21st Mar 2014, 20:27
Has any present or past student of ANY Flight Training Organisation EVER known anyone who has queried his/her Phase 1 exam results and paid for a recheck that has been upheld?

I know two top people from the two top UK training schools who say that they have NEVER had the CAA admit to mis-marking an exam paper.

It amazes me that the CAA don't have to return papers to the person or Flight Training College showing the re-marking - in fact you have no proof whatsoever that a paper has been remarked. I don't know of any other exam organisation that doesn't return the remarked paper to the student or training body.

And a present complaint from the students at the two top UK schools appear to be that often the examination papers are copies-of-copies-of-copies and are often unable to read (especially where maps and charts are concerned).

Any comments?

paco
22nd Mar 2014, 06:05
The Annexes are apparently deliberately bad as this is the kind of quality you can expect from ops rooms around the world.

Phil

Lightning Mate
22nd Mar 2014, 12:32
Having completely redrawn CAPs 696, 697 and 698 for the CAA some years ago, they are now accurate and clear.

I offered to do all the Met annexes also, but my offer was rejected on the grounds of cost.

My charges for all the CAPs was about a quarter of the quotes which they obtained !!!!!!!

paco
22nd Mar 2014, 12:46
Yeah, I'm redrawing them for my own purposes at the moment.

Phil