PDA

View Full Version : "Knowing Your Pilots"

Capn Bloggs
20th Mar 2014, 10:58
A nice piece in today's Fin Review:

Knowing your Pilots

With laws that ensure a public display of IDS, you know more about the cab driver who takes you to the airport than you do about the commercial pilot who takes you to another city or country.

Just as I can view my cab driver's licence before I take the ride, I would also like to view, online, my pilot's licence and make an informed decision as to whether I choose to trust that person with my life - or my family's life. I willingly submit to all the security checks before boarding. In return, I expect a small amount of professional information about commercial pilots I'm expected to trust with my life.

Jacqui Lambie
Senator-Elect
Bernie, TAS

Palmer United Party

Anthill
20th Mar 2014, 11:12
Mr John Smith.

Licence ATPL 556677.

MECIR ILS LLZ VOR NDB GPS.

Grade 2 Instructor rating.

Pressurisation systems.

Tail Wheel.

Constant Speed propeller.

B76, B58, PC12, DHC8, B737.

:sad:

Yep, I can glean exactly how "professional" this pilot is from the above.

:hmm:

myshoutcaptain
20th Mar 2014, 11:14
Don't the statistics show driving to the airport is inherently more dangerous than the flight itself ... :ok:

Chocks Away
20th Mar 2014, 11:44
For crying out loud :rolleyes:what a crock of :mad:...
Typical Palmer United dribble which has no connection with reality.
As "Myshout" mentioned, driving alone has worse statistics... now do you have a display on your windscreen for oncoming drivers to know "your stats/ID", coz darling, you're approaching a total stranger at a closing speed of 160-200 km/hr, many of them on the mull, some other tablet or "prescription"...:ugh:

Anyway, on the topic of qualifications, the number of fake qualifications (http://www.smh.com.au/travel/travel-news/fake-pilots-nosefirst-landing-unravels-fullblown-scandal-20110324-1c87d.html) out there is huge, even in Australia, because LOG BOOK CHECKS aren't done by airlines anymore on candidates due to the uncontrolled rise of the HR beast... who apparently know better.

Having to jump through all the psycho-babble, assessments and crosschecks just to get in a cockpit... then to answer to absolute wallies in the "Art Gallery" (Head office- where the "big picture" is) who try to justify their huge salaries in an attempt at trying to make it look they they are running an airline and know what they are doing... AND THEN to be answerable to Joe-public, armed with little knowledge...
:}:}:} I'm going back to flying freight!

The Bullwinkle
20th Mar 2014, 11:50
Knowing your Pilots

With laws that ensure a public display of IDS, you know more about the cab driver who takes you to the airport than you do about the commercial pilot who takes you to another city or country.

Just as I can view my cab driver's licence before I take the ride, I would also like to view, online, my pilot's licence and make an informed decision as to whether I choose to trust that person with my life - or my family's life. I willingly submit to all the security checks before boarding. In return, I expect a small amount of professional information about commercial pilots I'm expected to trust with my life.

Jacqui Lambie
Senator-Elect
Bernie, TAS

We also willingly submit to all the security checks before boarding.
We also undergo full Federal Police background checks every 2 years.
In return, I'd like to see a full background check on all my passengers so I can decide whether or not I can trust them to get on my plane.
I worked for many years to obtain the qualifications and actually earn my position, whereas you were just the least hated in a popularity contest with no skills required.
Seriously, you just reminded me why politicians are so despised!

A320 Flyer
20th Mar 2014, 12:24
How ironic that she is part of the Government that regulates both the safety and security of our industry.....

I always make sure I ask to see

1. My doctors credentials when I go for an appointment.....
2. An ambos qualifications before I allow them in the front door to save someones life......

........ Not!!!

TIMA9X
20th Mar 2014, 12:25
Jacqui Lambie - Palmer United Party - Palmer United Party (http://palmerunited.com/staff/jacqui-lambie/)

https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-t8YRTSXm9bg/Uyrcio7gxTI/AAAAAAAAAnQ/97eEGZMUwx0/w495-h349-no/729clive-620x349-2.jpg

Nice teeth

BPA
20th Mar 2014, 12:39
If she can't trust commercial pilots without seeing some information about them. Then she has the option of taking a taxi to the wharf, followed by the boat to Melbourne and then another taxi to Canberra.

Capn Bloggs
20th Mar 2014, 12:39
From the Reader's Digest:

PROFESSIONS WE TRUST, 2013

1. Firefighters
1. Paramedics
3. Rescue volunteers
4. Nurses
5. Pilots
6. Doctors
7. Pharmacists
8. Veterinarians
9. Air traffic controllers
10. Farmers
11. Scientists
12. Armed Forces personnel
13. Police
14. Dentists
15. Teachers
16. Childcare workers
17. Flight attendants
18. Bus/Train/Tram drivers
19. Locksmiths
20. Hairdressers
21. Postal workers
22. Waiters
23. Computer technicians
24. Security guards
25. Cleaners
26. Builders
27. Alternative health practitioners
28. Plumbers
29. Mechanics
30. Accountants
31. Shop assistants
32. Truck drivers
33. Charity collectors
34. Professional sportspeople
35. Bankers
36. Financial planners
37. Airport baggage handlers
38. Clergy (all religions)
39. Lawyers
40. Tow-truck drivers
41. CEOs
42. Taxi drivers
43. Journalists
44. Talkback radio hosts
45. Real estate agents
46. Sex workers
47. Call centre staff
48. Insurance salespeople
49. Politicians
50. Door-to-door salespeople

Advs
20th Mar 2014, 12:48
Isn't it 'Burnie'?

short-field
20th Mar 2014, 12:51
She's probably never been to an airport.

illusion
20th Mar 2014, 12:52
She needs a good (or bad........) wodgering. But somehow, I think it would be lost on her, like Penny Wong. Right? :E

Redpanda
20th Mar 2014, 13:36
^^^^^

Dammit, illusion, I almost threw up...........

Maybe we should have criminal history background checks on all politicians and bureaucrats every two years.

sarge75
20th Mar 2014, 13:43
Agree with her to a degree.

Sorry but in 10 years time, I'm looking to book a flight, I check the credentials of the captains n 2 flights.

1 has 5000 hours aeronautical experience, 2000 on the airbus 200 of which are in command.
The other has the same 5000 hours experience, 4750 of them on the airbus 200 of which are in command.

I know whom I am choosing and think we should know the experience of those in command, especially in this day and age of pay to fly.

Prince Niccolo M
20th Mar 2014, 14:05
Tima9x,

In that picture, which creature has the bigger brain? :E :eek: :ugh:

Angle of Attack
20th Mar 2014, 14:15
No offence but who cares what she thinks?.......seriously.....

Wally Mk2
20th Mar 2014, 14:47
Too true there AofA'. who does care?

This politician has already proven her IQ just by being a polly in the first place !
I get in a cab & it's an easy check to see if the driver is whom the ID says he is but that guarantees nothing. I too can drive a car & know it's capabilities & limitations just like the cab driver & most likely know more of where I am going than he/she does but does this so called Polly also drive a plane??:ugh:

I also think this poor misguided Polly thinks that just 'cause she is subjected to the madness of security in this country when flying that we pilots can come & go do as we please with no checks in place & we are a threat to anyone whom steps aboard our plane/s.

Oh boy life is getting sillier & sillier

Wmk2

Mail-man
20th Mar 2014, 17:40
I'm pretty sure it's Burnie, but according to Palmer United it's Bass Straight too, so.....

NoN1
20th Mar 2014, 18:31
Displaying IDs in Taxis came in to discourage rogue cabbies doing bad things to passengers or their possessions, by increasing the likelihood they would be identified. It does nothing to prove their professionalism. I could elaborate further but I'd rather just say she's an idiot and move on...

solowflyer
20th Mar 2014, 19:21
It's them two heads trying to out do each other in an attempt to justify her existence. Just wait till she finds out about cadetships

Iron Bar
20th Mar 2014, 21:24
Yep, IDIOT. Move on.

Capt Claret
20th Mar 2014, 22:19
Can't you just see the mayhem at the airport.

All pax have vetted the crew and happily checked in. At the last minute Bloggs trips on the Jacob's ladder spraining his anke, so Fly With Us Airlines calles in two reserve pilots and advises the pax.

They all take to their iDevices and research F/O Mustaffa Abdallah, 5000 Hours on type but what about that name. And the other option is F/O Cissy Cadet, 250 hours just out of cadet school.

So all the pax withdraw from the flight, and are now arguing with the checkin staff that they must get on a flight with pilots that THEY approve of because they have a very IMPORTANT meeting to attend.

Sheesh! :ugh::ugh::rolleyes::ugh::ugh:

dubbleyew eight
20th Mar 2014, 22:36
it is all dribble.

when you get into a taxi it is "take me to destination x"

when you board a flight you are using a service scheduled by an airline. you have no choice where it is going.

the relationships are totally different.

First_Principal
21st Mar 2014, 00:02
I'm not sure of the usefulness of a discussion where everyone agrees with everyone else so...

If I step into a Taxi (a very rare occurrence) I usually sit at the pointy end, next to the driver. I feel that, to a certain extent, I'm in a position to assess and do something about the driving if it concerns me. That might range from thinking 'I've only got another minute 'till I'm there', to mentioning the motorbike in peripheral view that clearly isn't going to stop in time before we reach the intersection, or simply asking the driver to stop the cab please and let me off.

Obviously these things aren't so easy to do when one's in an aircraft (assuming we're talking a reasonable sized machine here and you don't get the chance to sit next to the driver!).

In this case you are entrusting you life to person whom you may not even be able to see, let alone observe how they perform on the job.

Being able to peruse that person's qualifications will not allow you to assess their competency on the day, but it would demonstrate to you that they have passed the requisite training, have nothing to hide, and others have previously assessed their competency. Depending upon the detail it could also allow the more knowledgeable to assess their level of expertise/experience.

Practically this may not make much difference but what's the harm in fully disclosing this information? That in itself could well allay a few issues people may have - the unknown can be a powerful fear in itself.

FP.

bazza stub
21st Mar 2014, 00:11
Bloody hell!!

Well lady, traditionally an airline pilot was someone who worked their way up through the industry, was a long term part of the industry (with a vested interest) and probably would have been weeded out by that process if they were a complete ****.

Nowadays, every passenger is a f---ing expert and believes we sit there and do absolutely nothing. They also think it is entirely reasonable to climb into a 50+ million jet and fly 4 hours, being waited on hand and foot (or not) for less than it costs for a 20 min Sydney taxi ride.

Maybe instead of "getting to know us", how about you do your job, stand up in parliament and insist they put an end to the race to the bottom.

Mach E Avelli
21st Mar 2014, 00:12
Let the bloody nutter travel by boat. She can ask to see the skipper's ticket and I am sure that he will give her personal viewing in his cabin. Especially if it's an Italian cruise ship.

It does not say much for the intelligence of some voters that these people get political appointments. Which the intelligent voters then fund. Argghhhh.

thorn bird
21st Mar 2014, 00:14
Ms Lambie's fearless leader, it must be noted, is smart enough to keep his flying machine on a foreign register, probably uses foreign pilots as well? maybe he knows something we don't?

VH-XXX
21st Mar 2014, 00:26
I think all commercial pilots should be made to wear their current pilots licence on their person, like the airlines do, like an ASIC card. This is less of an issue for airline pilots.

If you get into a taxi and there's no licence there on display, you can demand to see it, otherwise note the details, take a photo and head to the Taxi Directorate or Police. It should be no different for a pilot.

Would the situation have been different if Barry Hemple was made to wear an ID badge (he wouldn't have had one)?

I know of pilots that have taken fare paying passengers without a CPL.

When an electrician comes to your house, you can request to see their licence.... it's no different really.

Mach E Avelli
21st Mar 2014, 00:40
That might work if the license was a single card like the FAA or NZ, but that bloody great book so favoured by us and the Poms? Nah, won't work.
Anyway, how easy to get something bodged up in Thailand? While you're at it, put A380 on it willya?
Ferry pilot mate of mine flew all over the world on a Peruvian motor mechanic's card. Because it had a photo, a number and some official looking Spanish coat of arms it worked everywhere they did not speak Spanish. He did have proper i.d. but liked to jerk officialdom's chain at every opportunity simply for the sport of it.

LewC
21st Mar 2014, 00:59
All you needed to know was clearly spelled out in the last line of Capn Bloggs' opening post. "Palmer United Party". Like Iron Bar said ," IDIOT,move on."

Critical Reynolds No
21st Mar 2014, 02:17
We need a "like" button on this forum.:ok:

KRviator
21st Mar 2014, 02:30
Just another classic example of Pollywaffle...

I wonder if ol' Clive's Titanic II Captain will be forced to show his ID to the passengers?

flywatcher
21st Mar 2014, 02:52
This woman is a senator-elect for Tasmania yet is unable to spell the name of a city that she represents. BURNIE dear lady, BURNIE, not Bernie. Burnie is the town, Bernie sleeps with people. God help Tasmania!

Pinky the pilot
21st Mar 2014, 02:55
LewC said it fairly well.:ok:

Whilst on the aforementioned political party; Anyone have any comments as to how long it will be before said party 'implodes?'

I give them one term in office, max!

Andy_RR
21st Mar 2014, 03:01
Comical part about it is she might know who her cabbie is, but the cabbie probably doesn't know who owns the cab he's driving, nor whether it's properly maintained or insured, especially here in Melbourne

If you think I'm kidding, wait till you have a collision with a errant cab and see how far you get claiming on their insurance, or even finding out who the registered owner is. I speak here from hard won experience.

Or, next time you jump in a cab, ask your driver if he knows who the registered owner is.

VH-XXX
21st Mar 2014, 03:17
Or, next time you jump in a cab, ask your driver if he knows who the registered owner is.

He will likely respond by saying his brother or cousin.

Capn Bloggs
21st Mar 2014, 04:03
Isn't it 'Burnie'?
Just rechecked the letter and yes, it does say "Bernie". :ok:

Guilders
21st Mar 2014, 04:31
2 pages wasted on what could only be termed an "imbecile" with the IQ of a gnat!

Capt Claret
21st Mar 2014, 08:19
Guilders, that's a bit harsh on gnats, isn't it?

Creampuff
21st Mar 2014, 10:46
If I needed to make money out of aviation in Australia, I'd be extraordinarily careful not to offend the likes of Senator Elect Lambie and her colleagues, who will soon have the balance of power. :=

The future of aviation regulation and accident investigation in Australia is in the Senate's hands. Don't bite them.

PLovett
21st Mar 2014, 11:13
And to just add further fuel to the fire and to back up Creamie, I wouldn't say too much to her face. She is a former military policewoman with a ferocious reputation in that job. Have fun boys.

dubbleyew eight
21st Mar 2014, 12:04
Jacqui has potential you know.

this is from her wikipedia entry...

In October 2013 she launched an attack on the The Greens, accusing them of having "destroyed all hope in Tasmania" and saying that the party should be subject to a Senate inquiry over the state's high unemployment rate. She said she had been gathering "intelligence" on Greens activities and when she had enough she would "throw it across the table".

onetrack
21st Mar 2014, 13:06
Oooooh, I think this idea of Jacqui's is absolutely wonderful! Imagine the level of trust it could generate between pax and pilots!
Just to help her along with her idea, I'm offering up some more "fleshing out" of this new "trusted pilot", identification process of hers.
Just prior to boarding, there will be a questionnaire handed to the Captain and the FO. It will contain questions such as;

1. Have you had a fight with your wife just as you left your home/hotel/crew accommodation/tent?
2. Have you had any suicidal thoughts lately, or expressed a desire to kill people?
3. Have you got a flight sim at home, and is it a large one?
4. Who did you vote for in the last election?
5. Do you have any extremist, religious/political/sexual activity views?
6. Did you burn ants with a magnifying glass as a child?
7. Do you know which levers to pull and buttons to press, to make the plane take off and land?
8. Have you done this before?
9. Who owns the aircraft and is it comprehensively insured?
10. Have any repairs been carried out on it lately, by unqualified overseas people?

After this form is filled in, it will be handed around to pax who will take a vote via a show of hands, to determine whether the Captain is;

1. Good-looking enough to be a pilot.
2. Trusted enough to fly the pax to their destination.

Once the vote is taken and the hands counted, a majority of votes for the Captains honesty and good looks, will ensure the flight takes place.
The Captain will promptly receive a "trusted pilot" badge, plus an elephant stamp, in green, in his logbook.

If the show of hands is inadequate, everyone will be advised to front again tomorrow at the same time, for another "Question Time". :E

The Bullwinkle
21st Mar 2014, 13:30
Combine these two issues

I would also like to view, online, my pilot's licence and make an informed decision as to whether I choose to trust that person with my life - or my family's life.

Anyway, how easy to get something bodged up in Thailand? While you're at it, put A380 on it willya?

So what would stop somebody from obtaining a Pilot's details "on-line" then going to Thailand and getting false documents made using those details.

Having Pilot's details available on-line to all and sundry would be a major security issue.

gerry111
21st Mar 2014, 14:38
Quite right, Creamie. Particularly as the "Mad Hatter Katters" are now allies with them.

Creampuff
21st Mar 2014, 22:03
Here's what a savvy pilot population would do:

"Dear Senator Elect Lambie

The Australian United Pilots Association (the 'Association') congratulates you on your election to the Senate of the Commonwealth Parliament.

The Association represents most commercial pilots in Australia.

The Association wholeheartedly supports the aims of your "Knowing Your Pilot" initiative. Anything that can practicably be done to make our passengers' journey more enjoyable will be for everyone's benefit.

The Association agrees that pilots are an essential element of the aviation security system that has contributed to the outstanding safety record of aviation in Australia. The Association would therefore like to offer any assistance it can in the further development of your "Knowing Your Pilot" initiative. The more that passengers know about the extensive checking, training and unstinting professionalism of their flight crew, the better for all of us.

The Association would also appreciate the opportunity to discuss with you other initiatives that we consider will contribute to an even safer and more vibrant aviation sector."

Or ....

You could continue to insult her intelligence and make even dimmer the faint glimmer of hope that the non-major party aligned Senators may be for the future of aviation in Australia. :=

The Bullwinkle
21st Mar 2014, 22:57
Or ....

You could continue to insult her intelligence

I would if there actually was any intelligence to insult!

mcgrath50
22nd Mar 2014, 00:54
Come on creampuff. PUP is a mining magnets (magnate) play thing. The only person worth meeting with from that party is the big man himself. And unless you reduce his cost of doing business he won't care too much.

Creampuff
22nd Mar 2014, 00:58
A 'mining magnet'? I assume that's a peace of equipment for attracting ferris oar?

You don't want to try to get these people on side? Good luck with the Laborials! :ok:

Lookleft
22nd Mar 2014, 03:04
Didn't this lady authorize an ad for the PUP in the Tasmanian election when she is not yet a Senator? Possibly broke some Tasmanian electoral laws so she might not even get to Parliament.

The Bullwinkle
22nd Mar 2014, 03:10
And she likes leaving harassing voicemail messages at ridiculous hours of the night!

Very intelligent woman this one!

Marti Zucco quits Palmer United Party amid war of words with Jacqui Lambie | The Mercury (http://www.themercury.com.au/news/tasmania/marti-zucco-quits-palmer-united-party-amid-war-of-words-with-jacqui-lambie/story-fnj4f7k1-1226774617036)

flyingfox
22nd Mar 2014, 05:49
Probably one of the many Tasmanian's who are functionally illiterate.

Creampuff
22nd Mar 2014, 05:55
Yes – Shes another one of those folk’s who use apostrophe’s inappropriately in plural’s.

Oh the sweet irony …

porch monkey
22nd Mar 2014, 06:02
Paul Keating was right about one thing at least, "Unrepresentative Swill"

Creampuff
22nd Mar 2014, 06:10
Yes, the “Representative Swill” set a much higher standard … :ok:

Hydromet
22nd Mar 2014, 07:56
A 'mining magnet'? I assume that's a peace of equipment for attracting ferris oar?
More likely feral 'ores.

mcgrath50
22nd Mar 2014, 08:59
Yes, the “Representative Swill” set a much higher standard …

Respectfully just because she may have the balance of power doesn't mean that when the Emperor is wearing no clothes we should tell them how good they look!

Creampuff
22nd Mar 2014, 09:42
'She' alone will not have the balance of power. She and her non-major party aligned colleagues will.

Your choice whether to try to get them onside. It's only an off chance anyway.

Enjoy the continuing decent into third world working conditions. :ok:

The Bullwinkle
22nd Mar 2014, 10:25
'She' alone will not have the balance of power. She and her non-major party aligned colleagues will.

Your choice whether to try to get them onside. It's only an off chance anyway.

Enjoy the continuing decent into third world working conditions.

I know you're quite the wordsmith with a fantastic grasp of the English language, but would I be correct in assuming you meant descent?

I guess we'll only need to get along with these morons for one term at the most, which isn't too bad when compared to a 40+ year aviation career.
After all, we did see Bob Hawke come and go so if we can survive him then we can survive this minor inconvenience!

Anyway, I'll let you get back to your party political broadcast on behalf of the Palmer United Party!

Pinky the pilot
22nd Mar 2014, 10:41
I guess we'll only need to get along with these morons for one term at the most

Unless of course we wind up, due to Senate obstruction, having a double dissolution election called!:ooh:

And whilst it would currently appear to be beyond comprehension, the cynical side of me says do not totally discount the possibility.:eek:

Creampuff
22nd Mar 2014, 10:43
Actually, if you paid attention to what I post Bullwinkle, I only refer to non-major party aligned Senators or Laborials. Can't recall ever supporting or advocating support for PUP in particular.

But don't loose sleep about. (The little guy with the thumb is winking) :ok:

The Bullwinkle
22nd Mar 2014, 10:47
But don't loose sleep about.

No, I won't lose sleep.

This is getting monotonous now!

greybeard
22nd Mar 2014, 10:55
How about the reverse, we get to check out the suitability of Pax to travel, health, drugs, breathalyser, mental state, cleanliness, suitable clothing, suitable footwear to evacuate

and so on
:\

Creampuff
22nd Mar 2014, 10:59
Gosh, your right, B. :ok:

compressor stall
22nd Mar 2014, 11:46
Anyway, back to topic.

I thought the taxi ID system was to bring some transparency to drivers and make females feel more safe as there was a spate of thefts and sexual attacks on female cab pax.

That hasn't really been a problem towards aircraft pax, so I'm not sure of the connexion to aviation.

The Bullwinkle
22nd Mar 2014, 12:30
"Knowing your Senator"

Addiction made my life hell, says Palmer United Party senator-elect Jacqui Lambie | The Mercury (http://www.themercury.com.au/news/tasmania/addiction-made-my-life-hell-says-palmer-united-party-senator-elect-jacqui-lambie/story-fnj4f7k1-1226799430242)

gerry111
22nd Mar 2014, 14:00
I think that senator elect, Jacqui Lambie may be the sort of person that our Senate now really needs. She's clearly been through some very difficult personal times. I've found that people that have done that, can relate so much better to their fellow humans. Most tend to be more empathic, IMHO. It's rather sad that there are those that want to bring her down, despite her personal honesty..

And all of us tougher guys out there will never suffer depression?

Of course. :uhoh:

Anthill
23rd Mar 2014, 03:31
I agree with Creampuff. Far more sensible to preen her ego whilst trying to get what we want. What will it cost? Nuffing! Lao Tzu, Art of War and all that..:)

Mach E Avelli
23rd Mar 2014, 06:08
Are people here trying to 'bring her down' or are we simply questioning the sanity of her stated concept whereby pilots would have to prove their qualifications to their passengers and presumably (by having this information available electronically) to every voyeur out there ?
Having hitched her star to a crackpot political party is bad enough. Talking aviation when she clearly knows nothing about the subject only compounds her folly.

Pinky the pilot
23rd Mar 2014, 07:16
Having hitched her star to a crackpot political party is bad enough. Talking aviation when she clearly knows nothing about the subject only compounds her folly.

Precisely, Mach E Avelli!:ok: But what really makes me worry is that being a Senator (elect) she is now in a position where she actually may be able to do something to enact her views!:eek:

A long shot I admit though.

onetrack
23rd Mar 2014, 08:05
Crackpot ideas and crackpot political parties go hand in hand. Fortunately, our system of Govt usually ensures that the crackpot ideas progress no further than the media outbursts - that are usually aimed at getting more media exposure for the party or the politician.

The Bullwinkle
23rd Mar 2014, 08:38
The PUP obtained 22184 votes for the senate in 2013 or 6.59% of eligible Tasmanian votes.

With an Australian population of 23426498, Jacqui Lambie on behalf of the PUP, was voted for by 0.095% of the overall population.

How on earth somebody who represents less than one tenth of one percent of the population can have so much influence in government is ludicrous.

Truly "Unrepresentative Swill".

Creampuff
23rd Mar 2014, 08:48
It’s strangely compelling watching dehydrated horses not only ignoring directions to the water, but insulting the intelligence of the people who could supply it.

At least you’re (for Bullwinkle’s benefit: “your” :ok:) now considered on par with taxi drivers. I’m assuming that’s a promotion from “glorified bus drivers”?

The Bullwinkle
23rd Mar 2014, 09:09
on par with taxi drivers.

Many of us have actually been taxi drivers, as well as cleaners, kitchen hands, shelf stackers etc, on the way to becoming pilots. ("pilot's" for the benefit of creamy:ok:)

Creampuff
23rd Mar 2014, 09:35
Some critically important common ground!

I reckon you’d (sorry “youd” :ok:) achieve a whole lot more from reaching out to and working with Senator Elect Lambie and her colleagues, than from insulting and alienating them.

Bear in mind: Most passengers don’t give a sh*t whether you have a job or are replaced by slave labour from wherever.

The Bullwinkle
23rd Mar 2014, 09:48
Bear in mind: Most passengers don’t give a sh*t whether you have a job or are replaced by slave labour from wherever.

She obviously would! Isn't that why this thread started in the first place?

halas
23rd Mar 2014, 10:09
You have a bear in your mind?

halas

Capn Bloggs
23rd Mar 2014, 10:21
Puf, that's fair enough for someone half reasonable who maybe just doesn't understand. Does this apply in this case?

hillbillybob
23rd Mar 2014, 18:15
As a Tasmanian I'd just like to apologise for the calibre of people we send to the red chamber. First Brian harridine and now this

Anthill
23rd Mar 2014, 23:13
So you bloody well should, Hillbillbob. However as Tasmania now produces the world's (note: placement of apostrophe) best single malt whiskey, we are prepared to overlook certain electoral indiscretions.

hillbillybob
24th Mar 2014, 07:56
it was a bit rough 13 years ago when i last tried it, same went for the Lark Distillery product, guess it has got better since then

jas24zzk
24th Mar 2014, 10:33
Crackpot ideas and crackpot political parties go hand in hand. Fortunately, our system of Govt usually ensures that the crackpot ideas progress no further than the media outbursts - that are usually aimed at getting more media exposure for the party or the politician.

That's total crap....we all know it. the snotblocks crackpot carbon tax is upon us and here to stay until yabbot and Mrs Palmer get it killed...then we gotta deal with yabbot getting kicked out and the muppets taking over again