PDA

View Full Version : Low transport over Surrey/Sussex

Lawyerboy
19th Mar 2014, 18:04
Hello.

About 1730 Zulu today I had the somewhat bizarre (if wonderful) experience of looking up from my front door in Fernhurst, West Sussex to see what looked like a C27 or similar fly overhead at what I assume was a just-about-legal 500 ft. Was in a right hand turn north to south-west. Farnborough bound?

Either way, curiosity has got the better of me. Anyone know or is willing to speculate where it might have come from or where it was headed?

Yours grateful
LB.

Lawyerboy
19th Mar 2014, 18:08
PS. In case anyone's wondering (given my username and use of the word 'legal' there) I'm not after someone to complain to. I almost wet myself with excitement and joy at the sight. Quite honestly just curious.

sycamore
19th Mar 2014, 20:10
Nothing on `flightradar24` or `casper` on replay...prob Mil..

racedo
19th Mar 2014, 20:24
There are people who could tell you but they drive the Black Omegas...........

Out Of Trim
19th Mar 2014, 22:05
Surely it's Black Range Rovers these Days!

Lawyerboy
19th Mar 2014, 23:11
I did briefly wonder whether I might have suddenly found MH370.

Martin the Martian
20th Mar 2014, 12:22
According to UK Airshow Review there was an A400M operating to the east of Brize Norton at about that time.

J1N
20th Mar 2014, 14:42
C130 just flew over here (couple of miles east of Petersfield) VERY low, heading west - my wife thinks this was the same aeroplane which flew over yesterday afternoon, at a time which would tie in with reported sighting around Fernhurst. Wife and her horse were both badly frightened by this!

It really was very low indeed: tree-top height and certainly lower than the Chinnooks which we regularly see around here.

Alan Biles
20th Mar 2014, 20:30
Speaking of Chinooks....one came hurtling by just south of Whiteparish about 1.30 today. Significantly less than 500 feet and really shifting! Great stuff!

Riksbar
21st Mar 2014, 16:26
Well a C-130 has just made two low passes over Burnley, the first low flying mil a/c I've seen over here for years. As a taxpayer I must protest at clearing off after just the two passes, and bring mates next time.:ok:

CoffmanStarter
21st Mar 2014, 17:29
Looks like we've got a quorum of members wanting more action in LFA18 ... about time we had a few Typhoons down this neck of the woods ... #RAFConingsbyTakeNote :ok: