PDA

View Full Version : Global 6000 Touch and goes

ediks
19th Mar 2014, 01:48
I know this is extremely unlikely but does anyone know if it is possible to pay an individual or organization to do touch and goes in a Global 6000 on a private basis?

CaptainProp
19th Mar 2014, 10:25
Only way as far as I see it is to find a charter company that owns one and pay them the going hourly charter rate for the aircraft.... Perhaps easier to find a XRS than a G6000?

CP

ediks
20th Mar 2014, 02:08
Unfortunately, in my situation it needs to be a 6000 or a 5000 with the new cockpit. An XRS is sadly not fit for purpose!

rumour mill
20th Mar 2014, 13:02
How, if you don't mind me asking did you manage to get in the situation where you have/going the have a rating without the landings?

time2leave
20th Mar 2014, 14:23
I wondered the same as I have a Type Rating Course credit but can't use it until I find a job!

ediks
20th Mar 2014, 16:36
To answer the question, as so often happens in these things via a series of unfortunate events over which I had very little control! :)

Narrow Runway
20th Mar 2014, 16:38
Hangar 8 in Oxford, UK have G-ISAN on their AOC, available for charter.

You could ask.

ediks
20th Mar 2014, 16:42
Thanks for the info, will check them out!

farmer jo
20th Mar 2014, 20:41
Seeing you put NY as your location, I guess you are FAA ? In which case I would suggest you contact Vistajet as they are recruiting for Global 5000 out of KTEB ? If you don,t have a job maybe a they could be of interest ?
ATP

GlobalExpressDriver
30th Mar 2014, 14:54
Beware!!! Vista is not that good. Do your research!

deefer dog
30th Mar 2014, 23:47
If he is FAA he won't need the 3 landings. It's another stupid requirement dreamed up by the 140 plus rule makers employed at the EASA gravy train.

Jesus, if you can pass the check ride in a level D sim, surely you can land the real thing!

CaptainProp
31st Mar 2014, 07:09
Yes but that would be logic, and cheap(-er), and we certainly don't want that. :E

CP

BizJetJock
31st Mar 2014, 07:52
Jesus, if you can pass the check ride in a level D sim, surely you can land the real thing!
Not defending the EASA nonsense, but I'm afraid I've flown with plenty of guys who prove this wrong... :eek:

GlobalExpressDriver
31st Mar 2014, 08:11
The courses are not designed as " 0 time to flight line". Also, I do not know a single Global Simulator certified to Cat D.

Therefore, the landings are required. And as mentioned before, some bad landings are out there! People forgot that a smooth landing can be rewarding. Ryanair and Sleezy Jet come to mind.

gvjet
31st Mar 2014, 14:30
Vista jet will do it. Call them in Salzburg.

733driver
31st Mar 2014, 15:08
The courses are not designed as " 0 time to flight line". Also, I do not know a single Global Simulator certified to Cat D.

Therefore, the landings are required. And as mentioned before, some bad landings are out there! People forgot that a smooth landing can be rewarding. Ryanair and Sleezy Jet come to mind.

Strange post. Of course there are plenty of Level D sims for the Global around. Google is your friend. In fact, they pretty much all are level D.

What any of that has to to with smooth landings and easyJet I don't know.

Airbus, Boeing and Co correctly say that a safe landing (positive touchdown in the right spot) is usually better than a greaser (often closer to the end of the touchdown zone etc). And don't tell me that performing 4(!) landings in the real aircraft make the difference when it comes to "bad landings" versus good ones.

ediks
1st Apr 2014, 02:41
To everyone who has responded with helpful suggestions, I say thank you!
Vistajet unfortunately will not do training for non personnel in their airplanes.
Hangar 8 haven't responded to enquiries and do not appear to be interested either.

flydive1
1st Apr 2014, 08:00
Unfortunately is almost impossible to find a Global to do touch and go.
I searched few month ago for a friend but no luck, TRI/TRE easy, aircraft none.

bizjetway
3rd Apr 2014, 18:27
Ediks I have sent you a private message. I have an aircraft for your touch & goes.

Denim and leather
10th Apr 2014, 12:33
Hello,

I am searching for a classic 5000/XRS, for touch and goes EASA licence...
Thanks for your time.

St Clements
8th Jul 2014, 03:32
Hi. Did you find a Global 6000 in the end? I'm kind of in the same boat with an initial just completed and need to find an aircraft for the landings because our own is delayed. I'm about to ask UK CAA if XRS is ok. Did you have any info on this from your authority which I guess is EASA as well.

Cheers,
TN

RFGN
8th Jul 2014, 18:06
You have a Pm.