PDA

View Full Version : EASA CPL conversion into FAA CPL

ruzqat
14th Mar 2014, 11:18
Hi!

Sorry if this has been discussed already in previous threads.

1. I hold EASA CPL / SE-ME / SE-ME IR + frozen ATPL. 250 hours on the spot. I now want to convert my EASA CPL into FAA CPL/SE/ME. What is the process? Does it even exist? My school offers me a $17k solution, which seems to me as a cost for entire CPL training from 0.

2. If this IS possible, is there a difference between p.61 and p.141 i shall think of? I hold FAA SE PPL, and SE IR which are both part 141.

Any thoughts?

Cheers!

MarkerInbound
14th Mar 2014, 21:51
There is no conversion of commercials for the FAA commercial. You already hold the FAA private so you pass the knowledge test and get the training, sign off and pass the checkride. You then turn around and do the MEL checkride. Yes, 17k is way out of line. Say 10 hours prep for the SEL and another 8-10 for the MEL.

Dusty_B
5th Jul 2014, 23:34
Looking to get the FAA writtens out of the way before the end of July (and change of training requirements).

I have an EASA CPL; does one have to hold an FAA PPL (or validation) in order to sit the written exams? If so, I've run out of time... but if not, I plan to sit the exam whilst out for Oshkosh!

MarkerInbound
7th Jul 2014, 00:24
As a foreign national you'll need two forms of ID, one of which is your passport. You'll also need the test fee and for the writtens except the ATP you'll need a signoff from an instructor or proof you've completed a training program for the written. At the ATP level they think you should know when you're ready to sit the test.

zondaracer
7th Jul 2014, 05:27
No sign off is required for the ATP knowledge test if you are taking it for the first time.

M-ONGO
7th Jul 2014, 07:29
Yes, 17k is way out of line. Say 10 hours prep for the SEL and another 8-10 for the MEL.

Even that sounds excessive for someone with an EASA licence and FAA ASEL certificates.