PDA

View Full Version : MECIR (IFR) check in A320 sim

J.L.Seagull
12th Mar 2014, 07:29
Hello again...

Firstly, thanks to those who responded to my previous post looking for CASA ATPL conversion study materials.

Now, since I already fly A320s, there seems to be no point in doing the MECIR check flight in a Duchess or any other airplane (for which I would need training all over again).

Does anyone know of a reputable (AND CHEAP!) A320 FFS provider anywhere in Australia where I can do my check? Preferably, a provider with a CASA approved examiner. I don't think I have the patience to look for an examiner separately.

I'm also looking for a sim partner (to sit on the left).

Thanks in advance.

Howard Hughes
12th Mar 2014, 07:49
Ansett simulator centre in Melbourne.

Probably not cheap, but they have what you are looking for! :ok:

Wally Mk2
12th Mar 2014, 09:00
As 'HH' said Ansett Sim center. No such thing as 'cheap' in the aviation game.

They do have CASA cert C&T guys, all well experienced & good at their jobas they got me thru & that's saying something!:E:ok:

Wmk2

Trevor the lover
13th Mar 2014, 08:19
Wally

You were easy and still in the top 5. All due to superb work ethic, hard work, dedication and great attitude.

Take note Newbies!!

Capt Fathom
13th Mar 2014, 10:17
Mutual Admiration Socities don't help!

Wally Mk2
13th Mar 2014, 10:23
Sheez Trev I thought it was top 3.........must have been a couple more space shuttle drivers come along since me:E
Thanks anyway & the usual brib $$ will be in yr Acc by morning:ok:
Now now 'fathy' nufin' like a little back slapping here:)

Wmk2

ABusboy
13th Mar 2014, 10:39
hay JL seagull,check your PM

DeltaT
13th Mar 2014, 11:41
Be careful to check a very small point, I could be wrong, but renewing your IR in the A320 will be a multi crew IR. Nothing lost if you intend to fly A320s in Auz, but if your intention is to fly Single Pilot you might want to think again.

Square Bear
13th Mar 2014, 14:43
If you have a Command Instrument Rating, single pilot I.F.R is only a recency issue.

CAO 11.5

The holder of a command instrument rating shall not act as pilot in command on single pilot I.F.R. flights unless within the preceding 90 days:

(a) that person has completed as a single pilot operation either in an aircraft certificated for single pilot operations or an approved synthetic trainer, 1 hour instrument time including 1 instrument approach, as pilot in command or acting in command under supervision; or

(b) that person has passed the instrument rating test conducted as a single pilot operation.

LeadSled
13th Mar 2014, 14:50
J.L.Seagull,
Something you will have to check with CASA ---- the rules assume that an initial issue of a MECIR in Australia will be done of a light twin.
I have noticed several Legislative Instruments, exemptions to "the rules" recently, to allow a pilot from overseas to do an initial MECIR in a suitable simulator.
Tootle pip!!