PDA

View Full Version : Nuigini Aviation Services PNG???

NZ185
11th Mar 2014, 12:51
Hi fellow PPRuNers,

Does anyone know much about Niugini Aviation Services in PNG? I know they currently have two P750s and have bought a twin otter (maybe two?). I know they are PNG owned and have just hired a new Fijian chief pilot.

What do they operate like and what is there chance of success? Every time a new PNG operator pops up the slice of pie gets smaller for everyone and there are some big competition operators around (tropic, hevilift).

Any info would be great.

Cheers NZ185

handflightace
6th Aug 2014, 23:30
Nz185,

Unfortunately you have been somewhat misled in regards to this operator.

They have one 206 and no twin otters. They have been consistently peddling rumours of the so called acquisition of the twin otters for some time now, but so far there is no truth to these claims.

They had 2 PACs (on factory lease), one of which crashed (almost killing the young pilot) about a fortnight ago.

Yes, it is nationally owned and a quick google search of the CEO and Director may clarify their business practices and chance of success.

If I could give you one piece of advice it's this: run, don't walk, run in the opposite direction to these people. It was only a matter of time before they crashed, and if they are allowed to continue operations, it will only be a matter of time before they kill someone.

Ultimately though, you should research them as much as possible and make up your own mind.

Good luck

pithblot
15th Aug 2014, 18:42
just picture a 9 year old child millionaire running an airline.

Talking with him about safety or trying to make the operation effective was like playing chess with a pigeon... no matter how good your doing the pigeon just ****s all over the board... knocks over the pieces and struts around like it won anyway.

Gold, Smouse, that's gold :D

If they do make a movie, you better write the script !