Salomanuel
10th Mar 2014, 15:20
Hi there.
Nothing to see here

Salomanuel
11th Mar 2014, 15:03

Grasscarp
11th Mar 2014, 16:48
I put how I had done it in Borja"s question. I joined an airline in an area that I could do already - I contacted them and asked about joining. They had a staff freeze at the time but got in touch some months afterwards and offered me a job. From there after a year I moved into flight operations when a suitable opening came up and havent looked back. Still in aviation 25 years later but different employer now. What I am suggesting is approach a company you would like to work for, see what you are most suited for in the vacancies they have now or coming up. Once you are in then you are in a position to find the area you want to be in and work on achieving it.

Grasscarp
11th Mar 2014, 22:12
I left school with 10 'O' levels. No A levels and no degrees. I went straight into work and in spare time achieved a PPL. This interested me to the extent I wanted to go further in aviation. As already said in time I changed jobs and got into an airline and then into flight planning (and in spare time got an ATPL). I wont go into the many things I have done - this is just to illustrate that it is not what you start with, or the courses on your cv, it is what you work at and achieve in life.

Salomanuel
14th Mar 2014, 03:26

Grasscarp
14th Mar 2014, 15:30
Salomanual - you have to approach the companies you are interested in. Find out their contact details. Phone up and find best person to help you, email, write a letter, go and see them. Find where they advertise any vacancies. You need to be persistent and determined.