PDA

View Full Version : Impulse Airlines Interview Sessions

stormywx
17th May 2002, 06:55
Hi All,

Am going for an interview session with Impulse Airlines next week in Sydney, just wondering if anyone can give me an idea on what to expect. How long is the actual session, do you get to speak 1 on 1 to someone, what sort of group activities are there and anything else anyone has experienced.

Many Thanks!

stormy

flightbunny
17th May 2002, 09:47
hi stormy,

i unfotunately can't help u with ur question but if you could answer one of mine i would be heaps grateful... did you put ur expression of interest when they advertised a couple of weeks ago or b4 that???

i did but have not heard anything yet.. could be that i m not qualifed enough yet, but anyway if you could let me know that would be:cool: ...

thanks

stormywx
17th May 2002, 11:43
Had it in before that.

Good Luck!

FloatJockey
18th May 2002, 04:41
There is a lot about Impulse Interviews in previous topics.
You can make a search (click search on the top of this page) and look for "Impulse" related topics in the last ... let's say 90 days. You'll find plenty of info about the interview process. If you need some advice, just send me an e-mail. I didn't make it to stage II (I was distracted and sat at the wrong table :D) but I got a lot of info from "insiders" and I am happy to share it with you if you wish.

Ciao for now.

Mrs. FloatJockey

stormywx
19th May 2002, 12:17
Thanks Floaty, check your e-mail :)

nickmelb
22nd May 2002, 00:26
stormywx howdy!

loads of group activities. if you can, present the outcome of the activities to the rest of the group at the interview....i know of a few people that have had interviews, then presented the information and gained a 2nd interview!!!

drop me an email if you like!

good luck!

nick

Jerry Attrick
22nd May 2002, 05:16
How was your interview Stormywx?

faar_canal
22nd May 2002, 10:15
Hi people,

Just a word of advice with regards to selection criteria at the Impulse interviews.

From my inside sources, the selection of a particular person as a flight attendant really comes down to whether they like your personality, the way you look, and whether you will fit into the company culture.

Sure the team games they play, etc are looked at, but generally everyone is trying to play the same character.ie. team leader who listens to others, works as part of a team, good problem solving skills, calm but assertive when needed, etc, etc.

At the end of the day, like most jobs, they pick who they like.

Word of advice for those with upcoming interviews. If you can't handle the prospect of being based in Hobart, then don't waste their time by showing up for the interview. Odds are, that is where your position will be allocated. Like it or lump it!

Anyway, take out of this advice what you will.

Good luck. :D

stormywx
25th May 2002, 02:37
Hi,

Thanks all for your help! The interview seemed to go well, but then its always hard to tell! Nothing heard back yet so I'll just hang in there and see.

FYI bases they are recruiting for are Sydney and Hobart.

They are at the very end of their recruitment now, they have taken on just over 120 FA's recently.

Cheers

Jerry Attrick
25th May 2002, 07:21
Good luck with your stormywx, we hope you'll be sharing good news with us soon! When will you know? Did they tell you when they will be commencing their next training session?

nickmelb
27th May 2002, 05:07
hey everyone

anyone know if Impulse will be doing any more recruiting? i heard a rumour they will be in melbs in 3 weeks time? this correct?

thx

nick

galleygirl
27th May 2002, 05:16
nick,

Im under the impression that Impulse have enough crew in MEL and dont know of any further recruitment in the near future. However if the rumour was true I would think the recruitment would be for HBA and SYD bases.

stormywx
27th May 2002, 05:45
Hi,

We were told at our interview last week that the MEL base was full and they will not be recruiting for this base in the foreseeable future. They may be interviewing there for Hobart positions though?

A majority of the recruitment was for a Hobart base, however there are still "a few" poisitions available in Sydney.

They are at the very end of the recruitment process now, she did say that only had a "couple" of sessions to go before it was over.

Jerry, training sessions will be conducted in Sydney, during mid/late June.

Thanks to everyone for their help prior to the interview, especially Mrs FJ, i'll keep you updated!

Cheers
stormy

nickmelb
27th May 2002, 09:35
ahhh ok..yer i meant that if they were coming back to melbourne to interview for any base....happy to move to hobart..love the place...well a g/f of mine had an interview 4 weeks ago still hasnt got a rejection letter....which is actually good news.....fingers crossed for her and anyone else waiting to hear!

nick

Jerry Attrick
29th May 2002, 01:43
Thank you Stormywx for your information. Have you got a second interview?

stormywx
29th May 2002, 08:15
Still waiting to hear, am tempted to call them and ask but don't want to sound too impatient!

stormywx
3rd Jun 2002, 03:02
Hi All,

Got my rejection letter on Friday, so currently exploring other opportunities (mainly pilot related).

Thanks all for your help!

stormy