PDA

View Full Version : JAR-FCL CPL/IR Renewal

redout
9th Mar 2014, 21:38
Hi,

Need some advice on renewing a JAR-FCL CPL(A), SEP, MEP and IR.

The CPL has gone past 5 years thus expired. Things have changed, JAA is now EASA? I have been reading through CAP 804 but it applies to EASA not JAR but I presume it's all the one?

Current situation is:

CPL(A) Date of initial issue: 30.06.2008
MEP(land) Valid until: 30.06.2009
SEP(land) Valid until: 11.12.2009
IR(A) Valid until: 30.06.2009

After reading cap 804 I think this is what I need to do but not certain. A bit of help as regards the order of doing things would be appreciated:

1) Renew Class 1
2) SEP - refresher training and pass a proficiency check (this will renew the CPL?)
3) MEP/IR - refresher training and pass a proficiency check

So in order to get back up and running I will require the class 1 medical renewed. How do I go about renewing the CPL? Do I just do some refresher training for the SEP and pass a proficiency check as taken from CAP 804 below? Same also for renewing the MEP and IR which I will obviously do together?

FCL.740 Validity and renewal of class and type ratings
(a) The period of validity of class and type ratings shall be 1 year, except for singlepilot
single-engine class ratings, for which the period of validity shall be 2 years,
unless otherwise determined by the operational suitability data, established in
accordance with Part-21.
(b) Renewal. If a class or type rating has expired, the applicant shall:
(1) take refresher training at an ATO, when necessary to reach the level of
proficiency necessary to safely operate the relevant class or type of
aeroplane; and
(2) pass a proficiency check in accordance with Appendix 9 to Part-FCL.
FCL.625 IR(A) – Validity, revalidation and renewal
(a) Validity. An IR(A) shall be valid for 1 year.
(b) Revalidation
(1) An IR(A) shall be revalidated within the 3 months immediately preceding the
expiry date of the rating.
(2) Applicants who fail to pass the relevant section of an IR(A) proficiency check
before the expiry date of the IR(A) shall not exercise the IR(A) privileges until
they have passed the proficiency check.
(c) Renewal. If an IR(A) has expired, in order to renew their privileges applicants shall:
(1) go through refresher training at an ATO to reach the level of proficiency
needed to pass the instrument element of the skill test in accordance with
Appendix 9 to Part-FCL; and
(2) complete a proficiency check in accordance with Appendix 9 to Part-FCL, in
an aeroplane.
(d) If the IR(A) has not been revalidated or renewed within the preceding 7 years, the
holder will

RTN11
9th Mar 2014, 22:48
EASA replaces JAR.

Do the training as you have described, and you will be issued an EASA licence which is valid for life. No more annoying 5 yearly renewals :ok:

BigGrecian
10th Mar 2014, 01:33
Don't forget the AMCs which although not madatory must authorities are requiring in absence of a formal approval by the NAA of your refresher training.

http://www.easa.europa.eu/agency-measures/docs/agency-decisions/2011/2011-016-R/AMC%20and%20GM%20to%20Part-FCL.pdf

Also since it's been more than 3 years you'll have to pay for the ratings to be added back to your license.

AMC1 FCL.740(b)(1) Validity and renewal of class and type ratings
AMC1 FCL.625(c) IR — Validity, revalidation and renewal

In AMC 1 to 740 it implies you have to re-do the whole coures 6 hours for your ME(P) rating
xpiry longer than 3 years: the applicant should again undergo
the training required for the initial issue of the rating

Right Time for bed!

ifitaintboeing
14th Mar 2014, 16:25
the applicant should again undergo the training required for the initial issue of the rating

I read that to mean that the applicant must complete the 'training items' from the syllabus - flight time as required. Not complete the 6 hours required for initial issue.

ifitaint...