PDA

View Full Version : ec 135 P2+ overlimit indication

north pole
9th Mar 2014, 20:39
Hello!

I am just on type rating on ec135 and have some questions about for example overtorque or mast moment exceed indication on CAD and FLI.

If I understand FM the indication on FLI is red word limit and on CAD eng exceed for torgue above AEO TOP torgue and mast moment indication on FLI.

My question is when you turn batt off next time when batt is on what will be indication on CAD and FLI, I understand that eng exceed stays on CAD and word LIMIT on FLI

is that correct

Tx

Phoinix
10th Mar 2014, 18:56
From 135 Training Manual:

LIMIT: symbol with box indicates OEI/AEO time limit exceedance.

Exceedance of one of the engine or H/C limiting parameters (30" power, 5' take-off power, mast moment) triggers the LIMIT symbol with the box in the steady state together with the audio signal at once.

ENG EXCEED:
Significant exceedance of the 30" power band with reaching and maintaining the following values for more than 5 seconds: 133 % Tq, 104.3 % n1 or 990 °C TOT (only possible in case of topping function failure).
- The LIMIT symbol with box and activation due to limiting value exceedance.
Exceedance of a single time excursion in a OEI power band (2' or 30"). In the latest FADEC software version the caution disappears when the respective power band is left.
Exceedance of one of the engine or H/C limiting parameters (30" power, 5' take-off power, mast moment) triggers the LIMIT symbol with the box in the steady state together with the audio signal at once.
The total allowed time in a OEI power band is expired.

The ENG EXCEED caution is stored in the FADEC and appears at the next engine start up.

ENG EXCEED will show OEI or engine limit exceeded, not transmission AEO limit. For AEO or MM exceedance indiction you have the "LIMIT" in red box. However I'm not sure if the LIMIT appears on next startup. If I remember correctly its only the CAD ENG EXCEED that shows up on next startup.