PDA

View Full Version : Leave ?

apron
9th Mar 2014, 13:34
Guys there is a good chance I have this wrong....but wasn't the leave to be issued today for the 2nd allocation? :/

glofish
9th Mar 2014, 14:06
apron

don't complain unless you want an Austranaut telling you off to fill a half empty glass .....

Avid Aviator
9th Mar 2014, 17:08
Couldn't organise a piss-up in brewery with a company credit card.
What a disgrace!
Show's what importance TCAS and JA place on Flight Crew; leave is very important to most of us!!

Rather Be Skiing
9th Mar 2014, 17:17
Couldn't organise a piss-up in brewery with a company credit card. What a disgrace! Show's what importance TCAS and JA place on Flight Crew; leave is very important to most of us!!

It would be delusional to think they thought of us as anything more than a number with an associated cost.

flareflyer
9th Mar 2014, 18:20
Don't complain and go the extra mile:ugh::D:}

Avid Aviator
10th Mar 2014, 04:32
Skier: very true.
Every now and then this is highlighted for those who may have forgotten for a while!
Thanks for the reminder, EK! Can't wait for the next one (roster time??)

MachWarp
10th Mar 2014, 09:52
its a 'joke' this -and its not funny!!!

apron
10th Mar 2014, 10:41
Just heard from a neighbour that it will be issued in 'a week or so' due to commercial planning :/

flareflyer
10th Mar 2014, 12:07
Anyway......this is simply one more example of how we, as employee, are respected......
What makes me feel frustrated is that even though things like this happen most of us go into discretion, go the extra mile and so on......
maybe it is time to send them a signal whenever the occasion comes......

aussiefarmer
10th Mar 2014, 12:46
To them we are just cheap workers / bus drivers. The day we interiorise this concept we will become happier all of the sudden. Nothing is gonna change. They will continue treating us like kids and they will continue to disrespect. And they will do the bare minimum effort to keep the flow of innocent / uninformed new joiners coming.

I don't expect anymore. My life is much better now. Just counting the days / months / years keeps me motivated. You can install a countdown app in your desktop, that's what I did. :rolleyes:

falconeasydriver
10th Mar 2014, 13:26
To them we are just cheap workers / bus drivers. The day we interiorise this concept we will become happier all of the sudden. Nothing is gonna change. They will continue treating us like kids and they will continue to disrespect. And they will do the bare minimum effort to keep the flow of innocent / uninformed new joiners coming.

The basic tenant to understanding employment in the METO :ok:

It's amazing how simple life is when you get this concept, and yet everyday you hear of red faced, spittle ridden, blood pressure elevated individuals who thump the table and howl "but it's not fair!!!"

glofish
10th Mar 2014, 15:26
don't complain unless you want an Austranaut telling you off to fill a half empty glass .....

I need to rectify and apologise. The glass still being half full, after one more deadline for pilots is busted due to commercial reasons, ..... does not stand in front of an Aussie! :O

I still stand by my being completely p!$$ed off by the company. Like many others, i'd like to book flights and accos with my family for the seasons festivities, but do not know if leave is on or if my bid will be honoured. :yuk::yuk::yuk::yuk::yuk:

donpizmeov
11th Mar 2014, 06:34
Seems leave results are out now. I hope y'all did better than I.

The Don

go46ball
11th Mar 2014, 07:29
Don how did you find it. It still isn't showing on my foip? And no email either.

lospilotos
11th Mar 2014, 07:40
The Don might have just checked the Leave Records on FOIP, LASS is still closed. I can´t see anything either (which could of course mean I didn´t get any). Perhaps they update by fleet...

donpizmeov
11th Mar 2014, 08:05
I have had leave added to my leave records on foip today. Didn't get the main period bid for though.

The don

DuneMentat
11th Mar 2014, 08:41
Still only my main bid from initial round here.. (at least there's no forced leave in periods i dont want either)

skysod
11th Mar 2014, 13:01
As far as I know everyone has received their leave award!!

go46ball
11th Mar 2014, 13:05
Still hasn't posted to mine yet. Still waiting!

Rather Be Skiing
11th Mar 2014, 14:37
Still hasn't posted to mine yet. Still waiting!

Hello tomorrow! Maybe?

Rather Be Skiing
11th Mar 2014, 14:38
As far as I know everyone has received their leave award!!

I have not. 1830 on Tuesday. Waiting, waiting....

The Zohan
11th Mar 2014, 15:46
have you guys checked on FOIP>Crew information>My records>Leave...?

tz

SOPS
11th Mar 2014, 16:16
Just checked. Nothing

gazman21
12th Mar 2014, 14:50
777 leave still not there.....whats going on?

skyvan
12th Mar 2014, 15:06
Maybe this is a demonstration of "The Extra Mile" by the leaders?

Wordsworth
12th Mar 2014, 15:32
It's a disgrace. Pure and simple. The lack of respect from "management" is clear for us all to see. Not even the decency of a simple email explaining why the delay. They expect the highest standards and treat us like this. How would they like to be treated like they treat us? :D

ektrazz
12th Mar 2014, 15:35
Nothing Yet !

How could we bid for next month ? so you could not bid for days off or something as there is no leave assigned :\ Seriously !!

No more off days before leave anyway so :ugh:

lospilotos
13th Mar 2014, 08:06
OK 777-guys, the wait is over. LASS opened again...

halas
13th Mar 2014, 09:15
Gave them date ranges for leave.
Got two lots of leave and both have one day in the requested range. :ugh:

WTF

Anyone else in the same situation?

halas

Kapitanleutnant
13th Mar 2014, 10:04
Does anyone get 42 days anymore? I haven't seen that in ages!

I do however have quite a bank of saved up vacation days.

One bucket is almost full now…..

Kap

ektrazz
13th Mar 2014, 18:24
I got nothing i asked for so only a few days next year 5 days !

Must be because i am a Junior B777 captain for the last 4 years !.

But then mates who are very senior F/O s on the 380 also got nothing , confused !

According to UAE law we should get 14 days in a row ???? who ever gets that?

I have 8 days off a month and no leave , i feel like a prisoner in this place i really do .No time out to recover and just to feel normal ... how much longer ??
So now i must use my ALT for 5 days home as flights are so packed . WTF ..

Panther 88
13th Mar 2014, 20:10
Remember, the recruiting website says, "you're entitled to 42 days". Doesn't say you're going to get them. I was awarded 4 days on this last round. Four days...what the heck is one to do with 4 days? Takes two or three just to travel.

Fred Garvin M.P.
13th Mar 2014, 21:52
Guys,
Go through and actually count your leave days and make sure that the system accurately reflects what you were awarded to the actual leave days given.

Mine is screwed up. On one award, I was awarded 4 days, but on the right side, it shows 5 days leave given (7th Dec to 10th Dec is not five days). On another award, same stuff, 10 days given, 11 days shown in the system.

Awaiting the lovely response back from them. Go through and count your days and don't let them bend you over.

Kapitanleutnant
14th Mar 2014, 05:19
Fred Garvin MP (Good one… Dan Akroyd!)

If not mistaken, I believe I read/heard somewhere the ranges for this round of bidding were from 4 days to 21 days.

Now, I always thought we were required to have a min of 5 days. Maybe they changed the rules one night on us?? But as Panther said, what can one do with 4 days.

It's obviously just a way for them to PUNITIVELY give you (all of us) a crumb to make it to 30 days.

I do believe however, that we're supposed to get 5 min so as you said, good idea to inquire about it.

Wonder how the term "Entitled to" comes into play here. Also, wasn't aware it was a UAE law to get a min of 14 days at a time… That's interesting!!!!!

Kap

halas
14th Mar 2014, 05:24
Anything to do with the XX day given after leave to acclimatise?

halas

mooseknuckles
14th Mar 2014, 06:58
They are simply understaffed and panicking. This us the problem when you have short sighted management. They want to grow as fast as possible but run lean. Sounds great unless you cock up the manpower planning and get too lean. I thin that's the case here.

Panther 88
14th Mar 2014, 07:08
Sorry FG, it's four days. 10-13 of said month. That's four in my book.

aussiefarmer
14th Mar 2014, 11:20
anyone knows what happens if I resign with several weeks in the leave bank? Will I get paid for that or removed from roster (effectively reducing my 90 days notice period at work) to account for that leave?

nolimitholdem
14th Mar 2014, 17:25
Mine was paid out. I've never heard of anyone having their notice period shortened - they need you to fly those 95 hour rosters (+ factoring) until the day you leave.

sluggums
14th Mar 2014, 20:58
Interesting, as I think we only have a Net gain of one pilot over the last 4 months....

Fred Garvin M.P.
15th Mar 2014, 10:01
Kapitanleutnant (http://www.pprune.org/members/181660-kapitanleutnant)
You're right, it is up to four days. The problem is that they gave me four days (which is fine) but they counted it as five days, thus effectively taking a day away from me. When you go to the right hand side of the leave award, it shows awarded five days when it was only four. (Dec 7th through 10th put they marked it as five days as opposed to four). Something is screwed up in the system. Make sense?

Mister Warning
15th Mar 2014, 17:00
Due to the inaccuracies of the Gregorian calendar, one leave day is lost every four years. Applicable to guests only.