PDA

View Full Version : If you like VC 10's this is kind of awesome...

Tyres O'Flaherty
8th Mar 2014, 07:03
VC10 - YouTube

BEagle
8th Mar 2014, 07:48
A very good model! Some of these large R/C aircraft are very spectacular.

(As it's a VC10K3, it's a pity that they forgot the HDU fairing though...:8)

jimjim1
8th Mar 2014, 08:05
All that is needed to complete the ensemble are perhaps a Vulcan and a Harrier to pick up some fuel.

Courtney Mil
8th Mar 2014, 08:11
Now that really is amazing!! Great work. Mind you, typical VC10 crew, hadn't primed the hoses properly! :E

BEagle
8th Mar 2014, 09:09
Mind you, typical VC10 crew, hadn't primed the hoses properly!

Mind you, typical FJ pilot who doesn't know that Mk 32 wing hoses cannot be primed.....:rolleyes: Although the centreline hose could.

If someone was having difficulty making contact during AAR and asked for a wing hose to be primed, we'd often just say "Yes" to make him feel better. Whereas it was the time out (whilst the hose was 'primed') which actually helped the frustrated prodder to relax and very probably make a successful contact on the next attempt.

Perhaps the next R/C challenge will be for a scale Eurofighter to prod against those hoses......:eek:

Wander00
8th Mar 2014, 09:10
Pretty impressive - when youngest son was a lad went to a few LMA shows - even saw the B29 from Empire of the Sun. Brilliant! Well done that/those modellers

Lyneham Lad
8th Mar 2014, 10:38
Blimey - impressive sight, sound and footage! Hmmm, I wonder how much Public Liability insurance is for something of such size and weight?

Exascot
8th Mar 2014, 10:46
Internet too slow here to see clip. Very impressive but a real shame it isn't a CMk1 in shiny 10 Sqn livery. :(

mr fish
8th Mar 2014, 13:41
clip should be titled..FUTURE SDSR footage leaked!!!

Dysonsphere
8th Mar 2014, 14:57
Blimey - impressive sight, sound and footage! Hmmm, I wonder how much Public Liability insurance is for something of such size and weight?

Quite a bit not of mention ATC contact and permission th fly at all. a model that size has to notified to ATC before flight.

BOAC
8th Mar 2014, 15:48
which actually helped the frustrated prodder to relax and very probably make a successful contact on the next attempt. - hmm! reminds me of a few summer balls.....................:hmm:

N2erk
8th Mar 2014, 16:48
Really needed is for that aircraft to fly with the Lightning model that also features- that would be super. The trailing baskets were a nice touch.
How do you transport something of that size- wouldn't exactly fit in the boot of the family car would it. Also anyone recognize the location- white Vulcan might be a clue!
Owner has far more money and spare time than I do.:hmm:

ion_berkley
8th Mar 2014, 17:15
Also anyone recognize the location- white Vulcan might be a clue!

Woodford aerodrome

CoffmanStarter
8th Mar 2014, 17:17
N2erk ...

It would seem that most of these big models are "Break Downs" as per this Vulcan ...

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=BJG5gfuCjZo

or a C-17 :eek:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c5FjTcctkC4

Coff.

N2erk
8th Mar 2014, 18:13
Ahh, some assembly required.. (and a small army of slaves) most impressive and thx for the info guys. Those models are as big or bigger than my Ercoupe was!

gr4techie
8th Mar 2014, 21:38
Looks like it'll be expensive if you get the landing wrong.

I always wondered how the guy doing the controlling can get the angles right, from a different viewpoint?

Wycombe
8th Mar 2014, 22:00
That is superb - I'm sure I could almost hear Conways whining a few times on the soundtrack!

moggiee
16th Mar 2014, 19:45
Utterly splendid