PDA

View Full Version : Saudi, UAE,Bahrein threatening Qatar airways.

salamalikum2
7th Mar 2014, 15:54
A koweiti newspaper today( Al Qabas) has revealed that Saudi,UAE and Bahrein are threatening Qatar of closing their airspaces to all Qatar airways aircraft.:ouch:

TCAS FAN
7th Mar 2014, 16:00
What has happened to the "cooperation" in Gulf Cooperation Council?

salamalikum2
7th Mar 2014, 16:10
Looks like the Syrian & Egyptian conflict is the root of the discord.
The support of Qatar for the Muslim brotherhood in Egypt and Al Nusra front in Syria doesn't please everybody...:}
( according the newspaper)

ferris
7th Mar 2014, 18:00
Since Saudi, UAE and Bahrain control ALL of the airspace surrounding Qatar- this could get interesting.......

allaru
8th Mar 2014, 04:03
Qatar buys qantas and operates out of Australia and bypasses the entire region altogether. Who the hell wants to fly to qatar anyway.....oh and qf pilots join the bottom of qatars seniority list...sorta like what happened when they merged with Australian Airlines.

ironbutt57
8th Mar 2014, 04:32
And all the Qatar Airways crew get Aussie passports:}:}

akerosid
12th Mar 2014, 23:52
The Saudis have apparently also requested the closure of Al Jazeera - and the expulsion of two US think tanks based in Qatar.

I guess the Qatari plan to make the country a hub of free speech/thought in the ME is a major target. Can't imagine the Saudi govt is too happy with its citizens bypassing official news channels and getting its info from Al-J.

Saudi Arabia threatens to blockade Qatar over terrorism - The Irish Times - Tue, Mar 11, 2014 (http://www.irishtimes.com/news/world/asia-pacific/saudi-arabia-threatens-to-blockade-qatar-over-terrorism-1.1719434)

Interesting story to watch; this could get ugly quickly.

momo95
13th Mar 2014, 01:24
jihadis ?, what a ridiculously written article. I doubt anything serious (to harm QR) will come of this.