Brian Abraham
6th Mar 2014, 22:44
You think this might take off?

77uK19KxMuI

Do not try this at home

j-piEL58hsg

Flyting
7th Mar 2014, 11:20
And here I thought you were talking about doing aerobatics with a sling load attached...

A few years ago I saw pics of some guys having fun with a 407 and a 200L drum hanging on a long line... Best pic was with the drum slightly above the just inverted heli.........:eek:

As for the "between 2 heli's" thing.... it was tried a few years back in Cape Town with 2 jettys where a guy wanted to tight rope walk between the 2... Needless to say - it ended in blades slapping the ground!

311kph
7th Mar 2014, 12:09
Is this standard practice or...?
It's starting to get interesting after 1:40

:eek::D

Dual Helicopter Lift - YouTube

Guess these two guys ware watching each other like two gunmen on a shoot-out. Who hits the salvo switch second - loses.

Hughes500
7th Mar 2014, 18:12
Love to see the risk assessment on that !

spinwing
7th Mar 2014, 18:58
Mmmm ....

Risk assessment .... Ha !! .... obviously not required in New Zealand :eek:

SuperF
8th Mar 2014, 00:33
I don't think many people, anywhere in the world, had heard the words "risk assessment" in the same sentence when that job was done.

and when you consider the jobs that those guys were doing for the rest of the year, that would have probably counted as quite low risk...

JohnDixson
8th Mar 2014, 16:04
Some time ago, a couple of Jet Rangers in Ireland (?) did a twin lift and made a video of it, along with a few comments by one of the pilots that stuck in my mind: " Should only be accomplished by two consenting adults " were his words, as I recall.

That video had legs, and before we knew it, there were two US Army CH-54's, a huge spreader bar, and a 35,000 pound block sitting on on the Sikorsky flight field. At least we were adults; there was a lot of discussion about the other part.