PDA

View Full Version : Hotel in Perth for the APS class in May

Jabawocky
6th Mar 2014, 06:16
What is it with Perth?

I have booked the Royal Aero Club of Western Australia for the upcoming Advanced Pilot Seminars class 16-18 of May at Jandakot, but trying to find a decent hotel that does not want to charge my credit card 2.5 months ahead and wants emailed copies of my ID..... yeah right, is proving hard.

The ID bit is only due to a 10pm arrival.....but I am not scanning any ID to a motel who also have my amex details.

Anyone have any suggestions?

The closer to Jandakot Airport the better, although I fear this is not likely. Ohh and it will get a lot of bookings so no B&B's from the out of town attendee's.

tecman
6th Mar 2014, 07:23
It's a jungle out there! Better book quickly as anything other than the advance purchase rates are truly eye-watering. Don't know if helps your particular issues but we've started using Miss Maud's in the city, or the (refurbished) Metro on Canning H/way as reasonably priced options for work visitors. Ask for a city view in the latter or you'll be ON Canning H/way. Metro is marginally more convenient for YPJT. A few nice places in Fremantle, too, but our visitors have found them a bit hit and miss, quality wise. Good luck, and prepare yourself for the $4.50 espresso :) But we love it here, really.

FokkerInYour12
6th Mar 2014, 08:19
try airbnb for an alternative to hotels.

Some really interesting deals to be had there (used it recently in Japan and saved about half the cost of a hotel).

I'm not really sure what you mean in your "B&Bs" comment though.

dubbleyew eight
6th Mar 2014, 08:55
cheap motels in my area are all chokkers with fly in fly out guys in transit I think.
welcome to the mining state.
anything non mining is in a bit of a decline.

Dawny
8th Mar 2014, 13:02
Jabawocky

Try calling Jandakot Airport Chalets on 08 9414 1040.
Speak to Darius - top bloke.
It's 200m from RACWA, and reasonably priced. They have Chalets and single room accommodation.

Good luck.

Steve