PDA

View Full Version : Who is Torres Strait Air?

Dangly Bits
5th Mar 2014, 14:19
I hope they aren't a reincarnation of another operator. With an extensive fleet of five to nine seat aircraft, they sound awfully familiar.

Good luck to them.

DB

Air Ace
5th Mar 2014, 19:45
No mysteries, all publicly available information:

Name: TORRES STRAIT AIR PTY LTD
ACN: 164339084
ABN: 94 164 339 084
Registration date: 18/06/2013
Type: Australian Proprietary Company, Limited By Shares
Locality of registered office: CAIRNS QLD 4870

Director
Name: DANIEL SOLOMON TAKAI
Address: 21A Nawie Street, HORN ISLAND QLD 4875
Born: 05/05/1968, THURSDAY ISLAND, QLD
Appointment date: 18/06/2013

Name: MARTIN PAUL KEATING
Address: 27 Clacherty Street, STRATFORD QLD 4870
Born: 20/02/1965, WOKINGHAM, UNITED KINGDOM
Appointment date: 12/02/2014

Secretary
Name: MICHELLE NICOLE TRUDEN-KEATING
Address: 27 Clacherty Street, STRATFORD QLD 4870
Born: 26/02/1970, MELBOURNE, VIC
Appointment date: 18/06/2013

Web site: Torres Strait Air | Air Charter Company (http://www.torresair.com/)

Registrant: TORRES STRAIT AIR PTY LTD
Registrant ID: ABN 94164339084
Eligibility Type: Company
Registrant Contact ID: R-014523531-SN
Registrant Contact Name: Ric Lippmann
Registrant Contact Email: Visit whois.ausregistry.com.au for Web based WhoIs

Plenty of Straits experience there! :E

red_dirt
5th Mar 2014, 23:37
So much for that rather lovely speech that they posted about not having anything to do with aerotropics or RL!!! :ok:

tail wheel
6th Mar 2014, 03:19
This one?

http://www.pprune.org/pacific-general-aviation-questions/533327-torres-strait-air-new-barrier.html

thorn bird
6th Mar 2014, 03:45
Who is Torres Strait Air?

Another victim for CAsA to shut down.

Frank Arouet
6th Mar 2014, 04:07
I have a bad feeling about this. When preferences and loyalties are politically involved and we add, say a religious group, people have a right to ask and demand answers to questions without fear of reprisals from cashed up players, especially when names can be linked to previous misadventures.

Has history taught us nothing? Are we bound to suffer the same re-runs of horror and indifference and cover up's when the memories of loved ones are still firmly attached to the retina's of those who's lives are now changed forever?

While many have natural xenophobic fears of Middle Eastern cultures which are both a religious and political movement taking over our lives we should all spare a thought to home grown Christian zealots who openly flaunt the basis for originally separating the government from the church and preach from both pulpits.

What's CASA's take on this mob?

Iron Bar
6th Mar 2014, 10:56
You're an unhappy little cuss tonight Frank. I don't trouble yourself, I'm sure everything will be just fine and your bad feeling will subside.

You may want to watch the defamatory comments on PPrune though.

Frank Arouet
6th Mar 2014, 23:05
Defamatory comments? Strewth!

I hope you're right and everything will be fine. I want my feelings to be proved wrong. The only way that will happen is if people learn from history lest the past repeats itself.

Air Ace
9th Mar 2014, 07:06
Strewth! ............................

ADMINISTRATIVE APPEALS TRIBUNAL No 2008/2431; 2432; 2447 (http://www.austlii.edu.au/au/cases/cth/AATA/2008/651.html)

And they want to go back for another dose........... :confused:

Cactusjack
9th Mar 2014, 11:21
Well Greg Vaughan isn't around anymore, but Gerrard Campbell (coincidentally ex CNS CAsA) is in the GM Operations role, so anyone chasing an AOC that has a 'questionable' past will likely face many hurdles throughout the process :=

Frank Arouet
9th Mar 2014, 21:43
Of all the 'sponge-heads' at CASA, Greg Vaughan could not be seen as one of them. This bloke actually had talent and I would put him on par with Hart for honesty and integrity. There was obviously no place for him with morals like that.

Cactusjack
9th Mar 2014, 22:22
Not wanting to thread drift, but the reason Vaughan went was because Herr Quinn lined him up in the crosshairs, a bit of a power battle. Herr Quinn's days were numbered the day McSkull started because Byron couldn't fire the bullet!
So much fun, such little time :E

Back to the thread.........

engee
23rd Jun 2014, 04:23
Firstly, their name is Torres Strait Air, not Torres Air.

They are not a reincarnation of Aero-Tropics or any other company. Whilst Ric Lippmann assisted Daniel Takai with the company and domain set up, he is neither a share holder nor part owner of TSA.
The aircraft are owned and maintained by Flightech Pty Ltd and leased by TSA. Some of these have been around since Wingz North, Coral Sea Airlines, Aero-Tropics, GAM and more recently Cape Air Transport and West Wing Aviation. As the Islander is more widely used in the Torres Strait than in other parts of Australia, it is inevitable that these aircraft will be seen in the region for many years to come.
Paul Hughes is the chief pilot, a former line pilot for East Air, Barrier Aviation and owner of Kestrel Aviation. He does not have an office at Flightech but as a line pilot of EA, was obviously in the office at one stage or another. His office is in Business and Leisure Travel, a travel agent in Cairns that handles all of their bookings.
The website, Facebook and Twitter pages are managed by BLT (Pacific) Pty Ltd.

seneca208
23rd Jun 2014, 04:40
Their C206 VH-TSD also happens owned/operated by 'LIPPMANN GROUP PTY LTD'

Just seems odd that his name is popping up everywhere, even though he supposedly has limited involvement.

engee
23rd Jun 2014, 05:05
Again....maintained by Flightech and leased by TSA.

Frank Arouet
23rd Jun 2014, 06:36
1) A Pty Ltd Company.
2) Aircraft owned and maintained by someone else.
3) Travel Agent.

Deja vu.

justinga
26th Jun 2014, 20:24
Refer to "Who owns Torres Air (http://www.pprune.org/pacific-general-aviation-questions/541384-who-owns-torres-strait-air.html)" on page 3, it has copies of the company documents with Rics name on it.

http://i774.photobucket.com/albums/yy27/flyingoz/torresstraitairptyltd5thFebruary2014_zps1fd23273.jpg

red_dirt
26th Jun 2014, 21:29
Ooooo snap!!

Car RAMROD
26th Jun 2014, 23:25
Is Daniel the bloke that used to drive the McDonalds ferry between Horn and TI?

What's happened to the lovely Sue since Barrier?

justinga
27th Jun 2014, 11:38
Thank Engee for clarifying how Ric uses different names for ownership, maintaince, bookings, Cheif pilot and business partner. Reminds me of something grandma taught me. If it looks like, smells like and tastes like ????, it must be ????.
As a man from across the runway described them to me.... "The Desperado Crusaders"

InDaBack
30th Jun 2014, 11:23
Daniel didnt just drive the ferry, he is a very astute business man. I hope he does well with that business as he has done with the others he runs.

Pilot58
16th Jun 2015, 21:40
Lippmann just sold flightechs aircraft to another one of his overseas company's making it harder for Casa to link things back to them. So I heard!