PDA

View Full Version : fc/jc staff travel checkin

afcwxm
4th Mar 2014, 04:40
Ok here goes
I was travelling on SRC ticket Y ugsa to J
So I get my boarding card delivered to my mobile at 1am for a 330am departure J class.
I go to the check-in desk and am told by the staff that I should have gone to the staff travel place to drop my suitcase?

I have never done this in the last 22 years ?? has there been any change to the policy?
How do you guys do it?

Thanks in advance for your info.

1LevelLow
4th Mar 2014, 04:48
Afc

Once we moved to terminal 3 I always go to staff check in. Unless I am going to the US.

Safe flights

lospilotos
4th Mar 2014, 05:02
As I understand it, with firm tickets you can check in at normal check in. With anything thatīs space available itīs the staff counter.

Curry Goat
4th Mar 2014, 05:39
Not quite... If you are on a firm ticket, use normal counters. If it is a stby ticket, use the staff counter UNLESS it is a US bound flight, in which case you are supposed to use the normal counters.

I stand to be corrected, however.

afcwxm
4th Mar 2014, 06:03
I have been accepted for the flight already I am not on standby so where should I drop my baggage????:ugh:

helen-damnation
4th Mar 2014, 06:53
afcwxm

Did the same thing in the summer and dropped it off at J check-in.

Keep discovering!

falconeasydriver
4th Mar 2014, 07:01
Have had a similar baffling experience, being the simpleton that I am now means I always go to the staff counter, and if directed elsewhere its only a 15 metre walk back out to the J bag drop off, not the end of the world IMHO.
Staff travel is a privilege (necessity for me) and one wants to abide by the rules, but its next to impossible at times when the rules change on a daily (hourly) basis :ugh:
The most frustrating thing about it all is, often, the staff on the counters don't know either..so we just muddle through as colleagues :ok:

lospilotos
4th Mar 2014, 07:47
Have had a similar baffling experience, being the simpleton that I am now means I always go to the staff counter, and if directed elsewhere its only a 15 metre walk back out to the J bag drop off, not the end of the world IMHO.
Staff travel is a privilege (necessity for me) and one wants to abide by the rules, but its next to impossible at times when the rules change on a daily (hourly) basis :ugh:
The most frustrating thing about it all is, often, the staff on the counters don't know either..so we just muddle through as colleagues :ok:

Totally agree. Donīt start messing things up now and give any excuse to reduce travel benefits. Honestly, I donīt really see the issue with using the staff travel counters, they are usually less busy than the normal ones and especially if you are in JC/FC itīs just there next to the immigration desks.

If you are accepted on the flight as standby it shows on the monitors with the colourful dots and then you can check in at the staff travel desks.

vaschandi
4th Mar 2014, 10:39
This reminds me of the joke:

Two social workers meet in the forest.
Ask one:
"Can you tell me how do I get to the train station?"
"No", says the other. "But it`s great that we can talk about it."