PDA

View Full Version : Part time instructor or Time building?

DieFade
4th Mar 2014, 01:15
Hello fellow pilots,

I got an FAA CPL, ME, IR with 270 TT and are now waiting for a local airline to offer me a job. I do meet the airline's requirement because I have local citizenship. However, to meet the requirement is one thing and to be accepted is another thing as there are pilots with 1000+ hours competing with me.

I want to get more experience so that I could be accepted. There are 2 options now, I can be a part time instructor in a flying club which end up about building 30 hours / month, and that is a non-paid job, I only get club credit to spend back in the club. The other option is to pay money for some time building program.

Money-wise is to choose part time instructor. Time-wise is to opt time building program but it cost me a lot of money.

Any advice will help. Cheers!

G-F0RC3
4th Mar 2014, 07:16
Well if you do go for the instructor route, you ought to make sure you're committed enough not to just babysit students while airborne. There's nothing more frustrating for a PPL student than being in the air with an instructor who's clearly only there for the hours. :ok:

monviso
4th Mar 2014, 16:08
FI is a great opportunity to learn and get more experience. If you can, be a FI , even if part-time. It is a great opportunity.

DieFade
5th Mar 2014, 01:15
Thanks for the advice, I also think about it over and over again and seems FI is the better choice. And I won't babysit my students. I am those nerd types that feel the joy to teach others how things work. I have tried before for teaching some ground stuff without remuneration.