PDA

View Full Version : Night Rating

Max Drift
15th Nov 2001, 20:30
Anybody know how much it currently costs for the issue of a night rating?

Cheers

Bloody long way down
15th Nov 2001, 20:39
It currently costs £64 for the issue.

Note: it's now a 'Night Qualification' under JAA.

If you havent already done any training, that costs in the region of £500.

Current Charges PP (http://www.srg.caa.co.uk/documents/srg_fcl_Schargesppl.pdf)

Hope this helps.

Little Fly Girl
16th Nov 2001, 01:03
Is the £150 charge for a PPL skills test in addition to the hourly instructional rate that your flying club charges? :confused:

16th Nov 2001, 02:47
fraid so young one.that is the examiners fee. i would love to say that it is a real con but the cost of being an examiner is a lot larger than it used to be. not only the direct costs but they cannot fly with their own students so most end up doing less flying/earning.

the fee goes to the examiner and the dual rate to the club/school and sometimes the examiner.

just to let you know £150 is not too bad, where i come from they charge up to £250!!

any more queries, i'll be happy to help. i've been in the industry for too long and know all there is to about the flying school game!!

:) :D ;)

Little Fly Girl
17th Nov 2001, 04:21
Thanks Crewman. Guess I'll have to remain a poor lil girl til I've passed my skills test then! Spose I'd better get used to it though, flying training will never be the cheapest form of education... :(

Hmmm... I wonder how many pennies I have stored up in my piggy bank... maybe enough for a new chinagraph pencil! :rolleyes:

LFG :)

18th Nov 2001, 00:25
LITTLE FLY GIRL

i know it is expensive but make sure you do it and sooner rather than later.

i say this as i have seen many a student get to the final step and stop due finances.

when they come back they end up having to do a lot of re-training because it has been so long - which obviously costs more money!! an ever decreasing circle is what they used to call it.

is there any chance of getting a low rate visa and just blasting it and paying back over time.

dont get me wrong i'm not a lover of credit but at the same time i want you to succeed the cheapest way!!

any questions let me know. ;) :D ;)

ps - what part of the uk you training?

Little Fly Girl
18th Nov 2001, 03:55
Thanks crewman, understand what you are saying completely. I am determined not to stop just short of my skills test, I assure you! All it means is that I'm not going to have a social life for a few more weeks :( :rolleyes: , but given the choice between parties and flying, I know what means more to me anyway...

I am hoping to finish within the next month at the latest, the good (?) old UK weather is not in my favour though...

Keep you posted as to how I do.

Thanks again for your advice/concern, take care.

LFG :)

carbheatcold
18th Nov 2001, 09:32
Little Fly Girl,

As Crewman says if you can pay with a credit card, particularly in the current climate, it will give you a very good chance of getting that hard earned money back just in case the worst happens.

Good luck and go for it.

Carbheatcold