PDA

View Full Version : Online GAR website

Almost
2nd Mar 2014, 13:13
I noticed there's a new online submission system that massively improves on the old offerings:

OnlineGAR.com

you can have a play about on the site as it's under test currently, so nothing can be submitted live, but having played around with it it does seem to be really quick and easy.

worth a look if you fly internationally.

flybymike
2nd Mar 2014, 15:06
The developer posted about it on here, but it was removed as considered commercial advertising

Squeegee Longtail
2nd Mar 2014, 15:50
Seems very user friendly. Let's hope it becomes real!!

soay
2nd Mar 2014, 16:51
Agreed. It's a shame there's a charge for using it, but the development costs of creating a system that can be trusted to store information such as dates of birth and passport numbers of pilots and passengers have to be recovered somehow.

Fostex
3rd Mar 2014, 07:08
The SkyDemon integration sounds genuinely useful and I'm sure most will be happy to a pay a small fee per GAR as is the case already when filing a flight plan from SD.

carlmeek
7th Mar 2014, 13:43
I am genuinely sorry that I posted on here originally, and that was deemed commercial. Whilst we are obviously commercial we are trying to bring the services to the masses for free.

And here the announcement everyone's been waiting for: SkyDemon integration is now confirmed, and all SkyDemon personal subscribers will be able to submit unlimited GARs for FREE from within SkyDemon itself, seamlessly alongside their VFR flightplans. The GAR forms are pre-populated with route information, requiring only passenger information to be added before filing. The passenger information is saved and encrypted securely to make filing subsequent GARs easier, just like when the standalone website is used.

So I think it's fair to say this announcement isn't commercial any more :)

flybymike
7th Mar 2014, 15:43
Well that particular post certainly wasn't....;)

(Great stuff by the way)

carlmeek
7th Mar 2014, 16:31
Screenshot of SkyDemon integration. This was taken from the beta of SkyDemon on my Android Nexus 10.

http://www.carlm.com/gartest/screenshots/skydemon.png

carlmeek
18th Mar 2014, 18:10
We are now live. A few hours ahead of original schedule, all tests are complete and we've been given the green light to go live.

So.... feel free to use it!

thing
18th Mar 2014, 19:03
Whoa! Just had a play with it, all my details already there. Excellent stuff guys well done!