PDA

View Full Version : You Are In A Pub Eating Dinner.....

SASless
1st Mar 2014, 21:03
Imagine , while in Uniform, sitting in your favorite Pub eating Dinner when an Eight Year Old Lad walks up to you and hands you a Note.

Boy whose father died in Iraq gives soldier $20, touching thank you note | MyFOX8.com (http://myfox8.com/2014/03/01/boy-whose-father-died-in-iraq-gives-soldier-20-touching-thank-you-note/)

Shack37
1st Mar 2014, 21:36
Speechless, thanks for posting it.

thing
1st Mar 2014, 22:46
I know as Brits we find this sort of thing mawkish and American but for once I'm lost for words. Some things just break down the barriers and reserve that we have and this is one of them.

awblain
1st Mar 2014, 22:59
There's a powerful argument for remembering to have the first clue about what you're doing before committing forces to war.

I wonder if the Blair and Bush foundations would like to match the contribution… and perhaps to buy the kid something nice for his birthday, since thanks to the antics of their patrons, he no longer has a dad.

thing
1st Mar 2014, 23:13
I wonder if the Blair and Bush foundations would like to match the contribution… and perhaps to buy the kid something nice for his birthday, since thanks to the antics of their patrons, he no longer has a dad.

I doubt they give a ****, however it doesn't mean that we can't.

Roadster280
2nd Mar 2014, 00:47
BZ that man.

Wensleydale
2nd Mar 2014, 08:47
"Imagine , while in Uniform, sitting in your favorite Pub eating Dinner when an Eight Year Old Lad walks up to you and hands you a Note."

Unless the rules have changed since I left the services..... should it read...

Imagine, while in Uniform, sitting in your favourite Pub eating Diner when a senior officer walks up to you and gives you a telling off for wearing uniform in a public house.

Always a Sapper
2nd Mar 2014, 09:10
A nice, from the heart gesture by the young man, his father would be proud.

If I was in similar circumstances, speaking for myself, the lad and his family would NOT be getting the cheque for their meal. That little matter would be quietly sorted with the waitress.

ACW418
2nd Mar 2014, 13:43
Yorkshire Cheese

I think you are missing the point.

ACW

racedo
2nd Mar 2014, 14:16
Imagine, while in Uniform, sitting in your favourite Pub eating Diner

What with a nice bottle of Chianti and Fava Beans ?

SASless
2nd Mar 2014, 15:53
The Soldier and his own infant child entering the Restaurant.

http://www.theblaze.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/03/Screen-Shot-2014-03-02-at-8.31.14-AM.jpg