PDA

View Full Version : Ferry and Operate an N-registered King Air in Korea

bonetone
24th Feb 2014, 20:10
I currently manage and operate a King Air 200 for an owner in the Southwest US. The owner wants to reposition the plane to Seoul, S. Korea and use it to fly between Incheon and various locations in Korea, China, and Japan, for a few months.

Does anyone have a good resource for researching the relevant cabotage laws, and aviation regulations in Asia. It is an N-registered aircraft, with an FAA licensed pilot, flying American, Korean, and Japanese passport holders. The plane is operated privately, and not for hire.

Thanks in advance for any feedback.

Flying Mechanic
28th Feb 2014, 01:42
If your under FAA part 91 you should be ok.

flyboyike
28th Feb 2014, 08:47
Sounds like an awful lot of effort. Can't help but think it would be easier and ultimately cheaper to charter something in Korea.

sovereign680
28th Feb 2014, 11:07
Well there is almost none executive charter is South Korea or general /private aviation.
As far as I know the only thing you might be able to charter would be a Helicopter from Samsung or a 737 from Korean Airlines.

silverknapper
28th Feb 2014, 19:07
We operated N reg King Airs in various Asian countries, though not Korea. As FM says as long as Pt 91 no problem, indeed some countries were refreshingly simple to operate within.

In terms of resources Jepp is probably a good start. Will you be running your own ops dept or using one of the big multinationals? We used the latter and I think in situations like these their resources and presence in country were a huge advantage.