PDA

View Full Version : Cayman pain in the....

lear60fellow
24th Feb 2014, 20:09
Just got a freelance job that needs a cayman validation, now it seems that cayman invent their own rules in respect on how and when an EASA or FAA license or rating is valid. Who is in charge over there to send him directly how is ICAO, EASA and FAA rules that apply to everyone?

I´m serious on this, now I understand why everybody is running away from them to M register their aircrafts.

LGW Vulture
24th Feb 2014, 20:52
Have you done everything required? Copies of documents that have been certified true copy etc....?

Sometimes they can be strict with adherence to their rules and processes but they are normally very fair.

With the success of M it would be suicide for VP-C to become especially difficult without good reason.

Just my two cents......

lear60fellow
24th Feb 2014, 20:58
Looks like they like to be suicide, I have a LR60 rating with a XR difference course and they say it´s not the same aircraft....ummmmm, actually it´s the same rating. I´m use to easy Isle of man but this is the first and last time I do with Cayman, it´s not worth the time spent sending docs.

Fossy
26th Feb 2014, 07:14
Who is in charge over there to send him directly how is ICAO, EASA and FAA rules that apply to everyone?

I'm not sure if you understand the system. FAA rules apply to FAA licenses only, as EASA does to EASA only. And as all of us know, ICAO can only give recommendations, which normally will be adopted by the National Authorities. Since CI CAA validates the national license, that you are allowed to fly on an aircraft registered with them, they have their own legislation, as well the OTAR's in place, which needs to be followed, if you like them or not.

PS: This does not mean, that you are statement that you're properly rated for the aircraft type is not correct, only that they have their own rules.

Fossy
11th Mar 2014, 19:44
@ LR60Fellow, I'm not sure if it continue like it was with the IOM. I think most of us might have realized already that there have been some changes. E.g., a person being with them since a long time, and who always sounded motivated and enthusiastic, wasn't the last time I spoke with him.

deefer dog
15th Mar 2014, 07:33
What are you trying to say Fossy? I been on IOM since day 1 and have not noticed any lack of enthusiasm.

You state "most of us have realized some changes." What changes, and who exactly are your mates that make up "most of us?"

Are you the self appointed spokesman for disgruntled IOM registered operators?

Fossy
17th Mar 2014, 08:23
Dear Deefer Dog, I agree to change my wording to: I've realized...

IrishatHeart
17th Mar 2014, 17:48
It's a piece of cake to obtain. If you can’t find how to do it on their website, call them; they are very helpful.
If you haven’t operated before on the VP-C or VP-B register, you may be in for a culture shock.
A lot of “private” pilots are unaware that the UK DoT made its UK Overseas Territories fully comply with ICAO Annex 6 Part II in 2009 and thus required its operators to have an Ops Manual, a proper MEL, an SMS and a Fatigue Management Scheme and requires pilots to undergo an LPC in a sim (not on aircraft) and undergo OPCs (i.e. cover all the QRH items over a sensible time span, usually 3 years – like airline pilots). Many operators did indeed go to the IOM because until Europe’s requirements for non-commercial complex aeroplanes come into force, the rest of the UK's private aviation, flight ops wise, needs to comply with hardly anything.
However, those on the VP-B and VP-C reg will have the last laugh because being OTAR Part 125 compliant is much, much more straightforward than having to follow all of the EASA Parts. It will not be just Part-NCC, it's almost everything except Part-AOC, and have you tried to find the rules, GMs, CSs and AMCs??