PDA

View Full Version : Lightning display

Krystal n chips
22nd Feb 2014, 16:51
Obviously not the real thing, but a very capable display:

LARGE SCALE AIRWORLD ENGLISH ELECTRIC LIGHTNING F2A ALI MACHINCHY WESTON PARK RC MODEL AIRSHOW 2013 - YouTube

For the WIWOL fraternity, please keep the orgasms in the care home ante-room to a minimum.......:p :E

thing
22nd Feb 2014, 17:09
Not usually a fan of RC displays (all kudos for being able to build and fly something lke that though) but what impressed me about that display was that it was reasonably proportional to the real thing in terms of roll rates etc. Turn the sound off and take away the scaling factor of the field, clouds and spectators and you would be hard put to tell the difference.

All it needs is a brake chute!

Courtney Mil
22nd Feb 2014, 18:53
Stays airborne longer than the real thing.

maxred
22nd Feb 2014, 18:58
Was this the same same one that crashed at Strathaven a few weeks later?

I was there when he had an engine failure on finals and totalled it into the fence. Up until that point it had been a great display::ouch:

Wander00
22nd Feb 2014, 19:17
Interesting flying it off grass. Here in France most model flying sites have a hard runway. often on the edge of or adjacent to a flying club

Tashengurt
22nd Feb 2014, 23:59
Was this the same same one that crashed at Strathaven a few weeks later?

I was there when he had an engine failure on finals and totalled it into the fence. Up until that point it had been a great display:

I don't think so judging by the you tube clip. Different colour tail.

Posted from Pprune.org App for Android

ancientaviator62
23rd Feb 2014, 07:55
Obviously the chap who made the model has taste as well as skill. It really looks the part in the 'old' 92 Sqn colours

Just This Once...
23rd Feb 2014, 09:16
Probably look better without the noddy-caps on the missiles.