PDA

View Full Version : EASA Exam in Australia?

TheNewKid
22nd Feb 2014, 05:40
Okay so as per the name i am a newbie to this so i apologise if this question has been asked, however knowing just how irritable the PPRuNe community get at people not researching i have had a good few days of slaving through the internet and couldn't find an answer so thought id try this. Shut up you say? Get to the question? Ok here it goes.....

So to cut my life story short, by the end of the year i will have completed just about everything (ATPL, MECIR and Instructor). Yes i know first year of instructing will be hard work, but I'm one of those people that cant sit still, i need to be constantly studying. So I'm thinking of doing the EASA theory just to keep my mind activate, after all Effects of Controls isn't that thrilling ;) So what do you think? Am i crazy to do the theory just for fun? Is there much point to doing it and not flying in Europe? Can i even do EASA exams in Australia?

Thanks in advanced.

Capt Fathom
22nd Feb 2014, 10:16
Does it matter that much to you what others think?

Capt Fathom
22nd Feb 2014, 21:30
Let me rephrase that.
If you think it will be of some benefit, just do it.

i_fly_planes
23rd Feb 2014, 08:38
I'm pretty sure racwa stop there jaa theory course some time ago now.

You can still do the theory but by correspondence and then have to do the exams in the UK.

DeltaT
24th Feb 2014, 08:42
Study a Degree, in something other than aviation, by correspondence.
It will be a good backup for the future.

pilotchute
24th Feb 2014, 10:21
Newkid,

Thought I would chime in and give you a "kick".

The EASA and the old JAR I believe require you to do your ATPL theory at an approved ground school unless you already have a full ATPL licence from another country. Doing EASA ATPL via "distance learning" doesn't seem to be an option for you.

That should have come up in your search a lot earlier than 3 days in! I was playing around on an EASA question data base a few days ago. Some of the questions were almost identical to the Aussie one. I doubt you would get any "benefit" from doing them.

A friend of mine has told me recently there are a load of ICAO approved courses you can do online that are actually useful in the aviation world. Get your head back in front whatever device your using and have a good look!