PDA

View Full Version : Someone please answer urgent

Mish1991
19th Feb 2014, 09:01
Hi

I received today my CPL from CASA but I found under the operational approvals that CTR airspace (no radar) condition still there from my PPL stage !

Does that mean that I still can't operate in CTR airspace with Radar ?! Or having a CPL it self allows me to operate in CTR airspace with Radar ? :ugh:

Note: I hold IR (M/E) as well.

Thanks

PPRuNeUser0184
19th Feb 2014, 09:50
Maybe a paperwork issue?

Just ring CASA in the morning. I am sure they will have the answers (accurate) that you want.

Dangly Bits
19th Feb 2014, 12:54
Yep! No you can!....unless you can't!

Did you do a test in CTA-Radar (or simulated?) then no! If yes then Yes! Or no! As CASA issues the licence not the ATO.

Glad I could help.

smiling monkey
19th Feb 2014, 15:29
How things have changed since I did my flight training some 25 years ago now. Back then, navex's in to CTA was apart of the Unrestricted PPL syllabus, and there was less radar coverage back then as well. It now appears they've removed this from the PPL syllabus?

Aussie Bob
19th Feb 2014, 18:22
Mish, i have had my license for almost three decades. No one has ever read the fine print, not even CASA on ramp checks or CP interviews. Just go fly.

Congratulations by the way.

VH-XXX
19th Feb 2014, 19:04
I don't think that's good advice for a freshly minted CPL Aussie Bob.

Suggest the OP sorts it out with the ATO and may need a re-test or resubmission of paperwork with correct tick boxes identified.

BlatantLiar
19th Feb 2014, 20:20
No one has ever read the fine print, not even CASA on ramp checks or CP interviews. Just go fly.

This^ 10characters

Mach E Avelli
19th Feb 2014, 20:39
When they reissue licences CASA seem to include every operational approval (or non approval in this case) that was ever on your old ticket, even though it may have long since expired.

I reckon holding a IR M/E will over ride the earlier restriction on your PPL, in just the same way as having a CPL allows you to do more than the PPL, even though the latter has not been withdrawn. It is just CASA's curious way of doing things. It's probably because they have non-technical office wallahs doing this stuff and they are incapable of making decisions. Which is probably just as well.

Have a read in the rules again of the privileges conferred on holding a command Instrument Rating.

Aussie Bob
19th Feb 2014, 21:26
I don't think that's good advice for a freshly minted CPL Aussie Bob

On reflection, I think you are correct. I can understand Mish's frustration must be palpable. CASA licensing :ugh:

T28D
20th Feb 2014, 05:44
You are dealing with CLARC so don't expect to get any sense or indeed civility dealing with the show ponies.

They are a law unto themselves and a singularly inefficient waste of taxpayers money.

peterc005
20th Feb 2014, 06:12
I've deal with CLARC a couple of times over the years and found them to be ok.

If you've got a query, give them a call and ask. You might end up speaking with a couple of difference CASA people until you find the right one, but a bit of courtesy and patience usually yields a good result.

5-in-50
20th Feb 2014, 08:05
Often CLARC will stuff up paperwork when it's processed. It's been unfortunately common for me. ...left off this approval, randomly need glasses this time (don't need any), processed that class endo as in IR renewal awaiting further papers... the list goes on.

HOWEVER, I've never been able to fault the CLARC team's ability to fix their stuff ups quickly. Usually one call and a corrected reprint is on the way with good ownership shown by the staff member.

Unfortunately though, the quality of staff in these kind of operations is highly variable, so although I've been lucky, others may not.

Aussie Bob
20th Feb 2014, 08:29
If rmcdonal is correct, and I think he is, there is absolutely no need to do anything!