PDA

View Full Version : TECHNICAL QUESTIONS

250hrsand counting
18th Feb 2014, 20:09
TECHNICAL QUESTIONS
Dear All,

Here are some questions i was unsure about and thought i post it up for the professionals to take a whiff at it.....
1. What is the difference between Vra and Vb?
2. You are in a turbo-prop coming in fast, what is the proper landing technique?
3. You are about to cross a Jet Stream with a decreasing temperature .How do you proceed to avoid turbulence?
4. There are embedded thunderstorms behind an area of moderate rain, how will the weather radar be affected?
5.You are flying from A to B and begin to experience -FZRA, what should you do? i think climb
6.You forget to reset your subscale going through 18,000'. What alt will ATC see when you reset it?
7. How do i calculate critical point?distance to CP=DH/O+H
D=total sector distance, H= ground speed home, O= ground speed out
Time to CP= Distance to CP/O
8.Thunderstorm detection while in cloud w/ precip. not sure but I think its harder to detect t-storms cos of attenuation
9.What happens when precip falls onto a cold soaked wing? i think it forms frost or melts the frost formed
10.When is your True Altitude lower than Indicated. i think its when temp or pressure is lower than ISA
11. what is the formula for calculating critical point?
12.What happens when precip falls onto a cold soaked wing? does it melt the frost or causes more ice?
13. Calculate SGR or SAR?

Capt Fathom
18th Feb 2014, 20:35
This post is already getting a run in the Pacific Forum (http://www.pprune.org/pacific-general-aviation-questions/534293-technical-questions.html)