PDA

View Full Version : EK: Saving petty cash on SALIK

lospilotos
16th Feb 2014, 03:41
Driver told me last night that they have been instructed to start avoiding SALIK. We'll get the news shortly...

Al Murdoch
16th Feb 2014, 04:02
The cars are contracted out to Europcar right?

Tight Seat
16th Feb 2014, 04:38
So that's whats meant by the 'going the extra mile'.

thehonourablefong
16th Feb 2014, 05:17
TS

Maybe you could offer them your wheels, mobility scooters don't get charged I don't think!

:}

donpizmeov
16th Feb 2014, 05:41
It gets better. They are discussing giving cabin crew live out allowance on joining instead of providing accommodation for them aka Fly Dubai.

Not a done deal yet but a sign of the times perhaps.

The Don

helen-damnation
16th Feb 2014, 06:09
With no or limited rent cap, that should kill off any expansion plans overnight :uhoh:

Kapitanleutnant
16th Feb 2014, 06:34
I keep waiting for the day we all wake up to a nice email stating WIE we have to show our off-company accommodation rental agreement including price and having EK only pay that amount vs the current flat rates we get!

It just keeps getting better and better…. (NOT!!!!)

K

CaptainChipotle
16th Feb 2014, 07:58
…just another case of stepping over a dollar to save a dime.

Did they get rid of the 24 dirham salik limit per day?

cerbus
16th Feb 2014, 08:37
Salik is soon to go to 5 dhs a toll with no daily limit.
The Dictators are getting desperate and we have to pay.

CaptainChipotle
16th Feb 2014, 09:30
HELLO GREED

ManaAdaSystem
16th Feb 2014, 09:39
OMG, 5 Dirhams???? You'll be ruined! Is this the dirham that broke the EK pilots back?
Will the exodus start now?
The SHOCK!

fliion
16th Feb 2014, 10:22
No shock Mana.

The only surprise is the reaction of the slim few who's response to erosion of T&Cs is...
"Consider yourself lucky to have a job".

We expect higher...because we work harder for less. No exodus but certainly a steady trickle though I'm sure the co. gives thanks to your lot lining up at the entry window every day.

f.

ManaAdaSystem
16th Feb 2014, 10:37
No exodus thanks to your lot lining up at the entry window.

How is that preventing you from leaving?

Most of you guys live in a fantasy bubble. You think living is cheap everywhere else? No toll roads? No inflation? No afterschool activities to pay for? Private schools are free? Everybody else can just take whatever they want from the aircraft? Housing is free? No tax? Cars are cheap? Petrol is cheap? Free electricity and water?

I don't deadhead in economy, but I have to haul my own @ss to and from work, and my salik is many times 5 dirhams.

donpizmeov
16th Feb 2014, 10:41
Yuk...That AUH grape tastes sour.

The Don

cerbus
17th Feb 2014, 07:49
Great post Dubai 04. Mana is an oppressor with a management background. He is also a troll with not an ounce of common sense and his dribble should be disregarded with extreme prejudice.
This pay review should be interesting. Loads of pilots leaving including too many in training and not enough talent coming. What is the company going to do?
They can't keep screwing us and expect everything to be okay.

Sheikh Your Bootie
17th Feb 2014, 08:04
Salied down the SZR last night, so I guess this is a rumour forum right! Not a genuine one at that.

SyB :zzz:

myekppa
17th Feb 2014, 08:42
Ever considered that drivers may be directed to take SZR for purposes that you don't know about?

Just a genuine thought.

Panther 88
17th Feb 2014, 08:53
Boogie, was not a rumour. But TOGA got involved and stopped the practice. Too many in the first day pitching up after briefing starts.

Rim-job
17th Feb 2014, 09:20
Who is TOGA?

The Zohan
17th Feb 2014, 09:39
Who is TOGA?

that orange guy....😜

tz

Al Murdoch
17th Feb 2014, 12:25
Drivers have been asked to avoid SZR when empty, but its fine when carrying passengers - that's the real situation... Give it a month and it will have been forgotten about.

Mach_Krit
17th Feb 2014, 17:57
had a guy in a white car drive me home a couple of months ago. not the usual silver volvo from europcar...and this guy asked me if it would be okay for me if he avoided szr as salik would have to come out of his pocket.

flying willy
18th Feb 2014, 07:25
DSO bus project for pilots?!?!?! :ooh: