PDA

View Full Version : Oz Runways or AvPlan

Adsie
14th Feb 2014, 23:25
Just seeing who is using either of these programs and seeing which is better.

BlatantLiar
14th Feb 2014, 23:55
ITT: Wich wun iz gud?

TOUCH-AND-GO
14th Feb 2014, 23:56
Let me google that for you (http://lmgtfy.com/?q=Avplan+Vs.+Ozrunways)

peterc005
14th Feb 2014, 23:59
It's a bit like asking which is the best football team. Depends on preferences, they are both very good options.

All of these EFBs are very cheap, costing something like a hundred bucks, so there is little downside if you change your mind.

I've bought a couple of different EFB apps and used to prefer AirNavPro for navigating in the air and OzRunways on the ground.

Now I just use OzRunways, which has really shot ahead in the past year or so.

I know people who use AvPlan and love it.

I think down have trial versions, so download and try both to see what you like. It's a bit like winning either $1m or $2m in lotto, one is a better option but both are good options.

Old Akro
15th Feb 2014, 00:26
This was discussed in detail on a thread sometime ago.

Its a bit of a coin toss. I prefer avplan. I think its better for IFR & multileg flight plans. I also think it treats loss of GPS signal better, which is possibly the main reason I stopped using Ozrunways which will give erroneous displays with marginal GPS reception. But for me, this occurred nearly exclusively in the low flight levels in remote-ish areas. B050 VFR may not suffer this so much.

OzRunways might be a bit more intuitive for "point & shoot" NOSAR VFR flights. But, for me AvPlan is a more robust, more sophisticated programme.

I would agree with the suggestion to download the free trial copis of both and see which you prefer.

I should add, that despite the additional cost, I still stick to Jeppview for IFR maps & plates.

Homesick-Angel
15th Feb 2014, 00:57
I still stick to Jeppview for IFR maps & plates.

Can anyone tell me the current yearly subscription fee for Jepps?
(Yes I could ring Jepps, But its saturday..)

Digital only (no paper)

Jay Bo
15th Feb 2014, 06:03
Around $315 for Jepps digital

Howard Hughes
15th Feb 2014, 07:04
Can anyone tell me the current yearly subscription fee for Jepps?
(Yes I could ring Jepps, But its saturday..)

Digital only (no paper)
Jeppview, $214 for up to four devices!

duncan_g
15th Feb 2014, 22:36
I only have an iPad 1 and since OzRunways has turned into serious bloatware, it barely runs anymore. I just downloaded the trial of AvPlan and it seems a bit faster so far...

Tidbinbilla
15th Feb 2014, 23:02
Try this thread.

http://www.pprune.org/pacific-general-aviation-questions/514074-avplan-vs-ozrunways.html