PDA

View Full Version : Brevity Codes

kintyred
13th Feb 2014, 15:36
They seem to have fallen out of favour these days. Has anyone got a list of the old (SH) Brevity Codes. For starters I remember "101" being "epic, f*cking epic"

ORAC
13th Feb 2014, 16:21
I've got a copy of the "Falcon" codes, reputedly an adaption of the Dolphin code.

Falcon 145: "With all due regard to your professional status, you f*cked it up, c*nt".

and such lines as: "Speed up the fan, the sh*ts coming down in lumps"

Can scan and email on request. Bit too blue to post direct here.

oxenos
13th Feb 2014, 16:29
I recall two of the Dolphin codes as being along the lines of:-

"Your seniority prevents me from commenting, but you know what I'm thinking, don't you Sir."

"Apart from moving some water around, what are we achieving?"

Would like to hear some more.

clicker
13th Feb 2014, 16:50
I have a copy of APP7 which replaced ACP165. if you were after a copy PM me and I'll send you one.

PFMG
13th Feb 2014, 18:08
Not sure that ACP 165 was what was in mind,

Try this however

Fighter Pilot University :: Falcon Codes (http://www.fighterpilotuniversity.com/history/nature-of-the-beast/falcon-codes/)

oxenos
13th Feb 2014, 18:48
Fighter Pilot University :: Falcon Codes

Coarse and lacking humour. I prefer the ones I half remember

PFMG
13th Feb 2014, 19:17
I don't disagree but perhaps that's because the codes to which you refered to previously were Dolphins.

Submariners always had more class - try

Dolphin code (http://www.navy-net.co.uk/showthread.php?t=34404&referrerid=0)

Geehovah
13th Feb 2014, 20:12
The Falcon codes originated in Vietnam days if I remember correctly. It was in vogue at Wildenrath in the heyday. I'll post up if I can find my copy.

Secret1
13th Feb 2014, 20:26
:hmm: I never thought this forum would ever be frequented by people who use foul language, whether abbreviated or accompanied by asterisks, or whatever. That sort of conduct is best used in the 'brown jobs' forum, where the lower echelons of military life seem to live.:rolleyes:

MOSTAFA
13th Feb 2014, 20:31
Best **ck off then.

oxenos
13th Feb 2014, 21:20
Thanks for the Dolphin code post, PFMG

However, "22. Submarines never cheat and rarely lie." must surely be a misprint.

Surplus
14th Feb 2014, 03:14
Just replace 'never' with 'always' and 'rarely' with 'usually' and it is correct.

500N
14th Feb 2014, 03:50
"I never thought this forum would ever be frequented by people who use foul language, whether abbreviated or accompanied by asterisks, or whatever. That sort of conduct is best used in the 'brown jobs' forum, where the lower echelons of military life seem to live."

LOL, are you trying to say that pilots are a higher breed ?

That's funny, some of the best profanities I have heard came from
RAAF Officers / Pilots.

Maybe it was because they were in a "brown job" Officer / SNCO mess ;)

The Old Fat One
14th Feb 2014, 05:26
Personally I respect anybody's right to object to foul and abusive language.

No need to be a cnut about it though.

XV490
14th Feb 2014, 06:21
No need to be a cnut about it though.Do you mean this bloke (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cnut_the_Great)?

ShyTorque
14th Feb 2014, 06:22

(Repeated as required to meet the minimum number of characters......)

Lonewolf_50
18th Feb 2014, 14:34
I will always remember this Falcon Code from our ship, but I can't remember the number. I think it was 335. We were an ASW ship, with the DESRON staff embarked. (Destroyer Squadron, usually charged with coordinating ASW for the whole battlegroup).

Falcon 335:
"You may not like the forkin' DESRON, but the DESRON likes forkin' you." (Sub for the actual term, of course).

We used it with some frequency, usually when our ship for fuelling was changed to some other ship many miles away by the DESRON ... :mad: