PDA

View Full Version : Buttons vs text

camlobe
13th Feb 2014, 11:23
This has probably been suggested before, but I don't remember seeing it (my defence to cover my laziness in not checking).

There have been a number of times over the years where I think 'I like what you're saying', or 'I also agree with you', and a few other choicier phrases. And there is so much humour on here that it is sometimes difficult to be able to type with tears in your eyes and sore ribs.

So this is a bit of a poll and suggestions box all in one. Please feel free to add, or criticise as you see fit.

POLL
Would our experiences of prune be enhanced if we had a number of buttons stipulating specific phrases available to us in the same way we can add the smilies to our text. Yes, I accept this idea is similar to some interface choices on social networks, but they do seem a popular addition.

SUGGESTIONS
I like what you're saying.
I agree with your post/point.
You are a complete kn#b. (Very useful when dealing with trolls).
I've just spilt my coffee over my laptop/iPad/Andriod.
I've just sprayed my coffee over etc, etc.
I'm laughing so much I can no longer breathe.
I was there.
I was there and remember it exactly as you describe.
I was there, and by the content of you're post, you weren't.
10 West rule applies.
I have no knowledge whatsoever of the content of your post. (VSO use only???).

Over to you.
Camlobe

Wrathmonk
13th Feb 2014, 14:42
Bear in mind that the mil aircrew board is a very, very small part of what, I believe, was originally designed to be predominantly a civil pilot forum (and, I would suggest still is) you may be better posting your thread into here -

Computer/Internet Issues & Troubleshooting - PPRuNe Forums (http://www.pprune.org/computer-internet-issues-troubleshooting-46/)

Alternatively, post it in Jet Blast. At least that way you'll get a more honest answer!

500N
13th Feb 2014, 14:54
"I agree with your post/point."

Is handled by typing

+ 1