PDA

View Full Version : Additional Rating on CPL

beardedclam
12th Feb 2014, 15:27
Yes, I'm an idiot.....
I am one of those people who neatly "cut" their new EASA licence to fit into the new black book. I also have a new rating to add to it.
Question: Does the addition of a new rating mean that the CAA will reissue the licence anyway with new rating added, or do I have to pay £46 plus rating fee to get a new pristine licence?
Thanks

RTN11
12th Feb 2014, 16:20
What rating are you having issued?

It should usually trigger them printing a whole new sheet for the licence, so you should avoid the extra licence replacement fee.

Lets not get into the "should you cut it up" discussion though, fact is it's probably fine, but you could end up ramp checked by some anal paperwork bod who kicks up a fuss about it, most flying schools etc looking for proof of licence probably won't care.

Bealzebub
12th Feb 2014, 18:22
It isn't fine. Don't cut it up or you will invalidate the licence in much the same way as you would if you cut up a driving licence or passport. The rules of format and layout are defined by EASA, and cutting it up is not permitted. As stated above the additional rating should generate a new sheet which will solve that problem.

Permanent Standby
27th Feb 2014, 15:17
Not quite true. The CAA has decided on its interpretation of 'defacing a licence' to include cutting it up, even though the pages are individually numbered on it.

Most EASA member states don't have a problem with cutting it up, just the UK CAA.