PDA

View Full Version : Transition from Learjet 60XR to Global 5000/XRS?

jedi007
11th Feb 2014, 20:38
Dear ppruners,

I decided to write this topic in order to get some knowledge from you about transition from a/c like learjet to bigger ones.

I`am 23 years old and I`ve been always passionate with corporate aviation. Now I`ve been given opportunity to fly on LearJet 60XR, which I`am really proud of. But, my life target is Global 5000 aircraft type. My question is, what are the chances, how many hours or is it even possible to jump from learjet aircraft to Global aircraft? I assume that we talk about thousands of hours.

I have used to see many Global F/O position jobs on the internet stating that the required minimum is 1500TT/2000TT but how does it look like in real?

I would really appreciate your responds.
Sincerely,
Jedi007

Iver
11th Feb 2014, 23:20
Apply to VistaJet and you may be given the opportunity to fly both... Plenty of Globals on the way.

Flying Mechanic
12th Feb 2014, 01:25
Aim to get 2000 hours under your belt, get your Atpl lic to. Then target operators with Global etc, but my advice is just is aim for any large cabin. Your in the corporate world, network like crazy. The Globals are selling well, so should be a few jobs out there.

Klimax
12th Feb 2014, 06:20
Sounds like a great progression to me. Flying high performance Lear's for a couple of years and then move to Large Cabin Biz Jets. Not a bad idea at all. Good on you for skipping the downward spiraling airline jobs. I think that the afore mentioned 2000 hours mark is not a bad one. Depending on what kind of job you'll be doing just now, this may take years to get - but at your age - you should enjoy every bit of it. Also keep in mind that there are a lot of blokes out there that would chop off their right arm to land a L60XR job.

Good luck with it

jedi007
12th Feb 2014, 13:09
Thank you for your responds!

Now it looks clear to me, that 1500TT + 500H on type are the best way to even think about that. I decided to write because many times I saw arriving Falcon 7x or BBJ etc. the crew seemed to be veeeeryy experienced "under belt".

Sincerely yours,
jedi007

Energetic Pilot
12th Feb 2014, 19:09
@DEEC

true words...

RedTree
14th Feb 2014, 17:37
VistaJet offers excellent possibilities given that the fleet is due to be upgraded.

Many transitions from LJ60XR fleet to larger aircraft available...