PDA

View Full Version : Pilot Needs in NZ and AUS

pac84
11th Feb 2014, 19:15
Hello over there at the other side of the planet,

how is the Pilot situation down under? I am here applying for over 500 airlines in Europe and Asia without success with a TT of 500h and a A320 rating (0hours).
Can you also cobble the road with unemployed pilots there?

Are there chances if having a working permit for 12 months to get into an Airline or Bush Flying company?

It would be great, if anybody could tell how to convert a German JAA/EASA Licence into an australian/ NZ licence.

Kind regards from far far away

pac84
11th Feb 2014, 21:38
Hey,
thanks for the fast reply.

I do not really have an Idea how difficult it is to get a Working Permit. I would just call the Countrie's embassy (of the airline you want to work for) in your country or watch the information on their Homepage. What could be difficult is, that the Airlines in most cases need you to talk the language.

The easiest way is, to get married :E and I think you will easily find a partner because every european wants to live on the australian continent.

Right now here are Jobs, that you could get into but you need 500 on type that is requested. If you have hours on 737,a320,777,a330 you could go to Turkish Airlines. They Pay very good and if politics improve, they could be in the EU in a couple of years, then you can go everywhere to europe.
If you have any more questions, my email is pac84 (At) arcor (dot) de

Greeets

gear up job
11th Feb 2014, 23:27
I think you have a higher chance of getting work in EU than in Oz or NZ. They have enough share of local qualified pilots looking for work plus getting a work visa these days in not a walk in the park.

Turkish Airlines have a zero TR program. You may want to do some more research.

pac84
12th Feb 2014, 09:08
Hey,

thanks for the Advice. Do you mean that programme for turkish?

LOW HOUR B737 & A320 First Officers with McGinley Aviation | 1401382821 (http://jobs.flightglobal.com/job/1401382821/low-hour-b737-and-a320-first-officers/)

I already got an answer from turkish with Data about the DLR test, but I am not sure about that because this is the only way to get in with no hours. Alle the other companies (Rishworth, Interpesonal and turkish itsself) screening for turkish want 1000TT 500 on type. I'll see if an invitation comes along.

Hey I see you are from Denmark (mij o mi Kadett :ooh:),... how about DAT? I applied couple of times.

Greets from DUS

tail wheel
12th Feb 2014, 19:34
You won't get an Australian Visa permitting you to work as a commercial pilot with only 500 hours total time. An employer can not sponsor you for a Visa as 'commercial pilot' as that employment category is not a skills in demand. You will not get an airline pilot job in Australia with 500 hours total time. Your A320 rating is no use in Australia if you have zero hours on type. If you did qualify for an Australian working Visa you would need English at IELTS level 7, which you may find difficult if English is not your first language.

Australia also has a surplus of Citizen unemployed pilots with 500 hours or less total aeronautical experience. I suspect New Zealand is the same.

Sorry, but that is the facts of Australian aviation.

Keep trying in Europe or possibly Africa.

VH-Cheer Up
12th Feb 2014, 21:27
That's THEIR headline, not mine... According to Bloomberg, there's a shortage of pilots (http://www.businessweek.com/articles/2014-02-11/yes-theres-a-pilot-shortage-salaries-start-at-21-000?campaign_id=DN021214) in US Regionals at the moment.

Read the article and treat it with an appropriate level of suspicion. Before going there, make detailed enquiries and do your due diligence!

mattyj
13th Feb 2014, 19:29
That's because pilots of the US Regionals have found more satisfying work sweeping the streets and as sewer pipe inspectors, and they need less food stamps. The problem will get worse too since everyone over there knows its not a glamour job anymore, on the positive side, if you can speak Spanish or even better, the Mexican dialect, you will fit in well with management, maintenance and ground handlers, especially during training when they show you how to empty the aircraft toilet which is part of the FO's job description..

Flaps_at_45
15th Feb 2014, 16:14
Just getting married to a European person is not enough. You will also have to live in that EU country for at least 5 years. So better pick a girl who wants to stay home and you get used to the smow, because getting her here will not get you EU citizenship.