PDA

View Full Version : ATPL Certificate

Live your dream
11th Feb 2014, 17:03
Hi there!!

Currently, I have a Spanish PPL licence (EASA) and a Spanish Class I, but I'll be doing the theoretical exams in the UK, I've already done 8 of them, so I have a doubt I would like to solve with your help.

I don't know yet if I'm forced to transfer my medical records to the UK CAA or not. I want to continue my training in Spain but I've been told that if I transfer my medical records I will be forced to get the rest of the modules in the UK.
The CAA told me that if I want them to issue the ATPL licence I need to transfer it, but I don't want them to issue it, if that is possible.

Is the sheet with the results enough to start the CPL, ME/IR phases at any FTO school? Do I need to transfer my medical records in order to get that ATPL certificate?

I appreciate any help.

Live your dream
24th Feb 2014, 12:29
Can anybody help me, please?

I just want to know if there is any kind of final theoretical ATPL certificate, and if I must transfer my medical records to the country where I'm doing the theoretical exams.

I appreciate any help. :ok:

AirbusLover
24th Feb 2014, 14:08
If you want to get your flight training in the UK and not in Spain,you got to transfer all your flying and medical records and saying all i do mean everything.All these are required for the licence issue by UK CAA when you pass CPL/IR.If you just want to sit the ATPL subjects under UK CAA and continue the flight training in a spanish FTO then there is no need to transfer anything.After every sitting during theory exams in the UK you get a paper with your passes and fails on it.Keep all of them cause they gonna be your proof at the CPL/IR school.There is no theory passed certificate at the end.

Hope that helps

keith williams
24th Feb 2014, 14:09
The CAA do not provide any such certificate. The only proof of passing the exams is the results letters that are issued after exam exam. If you require a replacement letter the CAA will be happy to provide one, but they will make a charge for doing so. So candidates should retain these for future reference.

Some years ago the CAA Standards Document for schools providing ATPL theoretical knowledge courses included a course completion certificate. But Standard Documents are only advisory and most FTOs decided that providing a certificate was too much trouble. So the idea died.

Live your dream
24th Feb 2014, 16:26
Thanks for your help, everything makes sense now.

:ok:

RTN11
25th Feb 2014, 08:16
Even the sheet with the results on that the CAA send you doesn't really serve any purpose. Perhaps a future employer would want to see it, but that's about it.

When they come to issue you a licence, they will use their own internal records for your exam results. If you wanted a licence issued in Spain, these records would need to be sent over to them, if you want it issued in the UK, everything else needs to be sent over here.

keith williams
25th Feb 2014, 11:10
During my time as a CGI I always advised students to keep their results sheets for future reference. Some did and some did not.

During that time the results sheets served the following purposes:

1. When students had passed all of their ground school exams some went off to do their flying at other schools. Some of these schools refused to start the CPL/IR flying training without proof that the exams had been passed. I frequently had to produce "emergency copies" for them.

2. Some employers require written proof of the exam results. Although I stopped being a CGI some years ago, I still receive requests from past students for written references including exam results.