PDA

View Full Version : Step children

Avefenix
11th Feb 2014, 10:18
Any advice about documents needed in UAE, if moving with step children?
Thanks!

TangoUniform
11th Feb 2014, 18:10
Obviously birth certificates but aso need court documents alluding to custody or adoption if that were the case. Probably others but HR at whomever is to your employer would have sufficient information.

airbusgirl66
12th Feb 2014, 10:17
We needed an attested birth certificate of the child, and an attested copy of my divorce showing that I had sole custody of the child. The copy of the divorce had to be attested by the county, state, and Dept of State, in the state that divorce was decreed in. ALL THREE. It had to be translated to Arabic once we arrived. You can then turn it in for the UAE Visa. This took awhile. Don't delay. This process may have changed, as things change rapidly over here. Hope this helps.

Avefenix
12th Feb 2014, 20:25
Airbusgirl66, thanks for your advices! Very useful.
As I understand you have sponsored your own child for the UAE visa, so I think that for step children probably I will need some additional documents regarding biological father permission .....
I'm Spanish
Thanks anyway and good look!!

Fred Garvin M.P.
19th Feb 2014, 17:25
I can't say for the Spanish courts, but from the U.S. it was straight forward and no hassles. I had to provide a court attested document that I was the guardian of my step son and had no objections for him to move here. It was a one day process for me. Emirates is great in that aspect. Ask your recruiter and they will tell you exactly what you need from your home country. The problem with most courts is the objection part. The UAE is not a signer on the Hague Treaty and does not abide by it legally. Although, they mostly follow it, it's just not written legally that they do, which a lot of courts have huge issues with. The Hague treaty outlines child abduction laws for foreign countries. It's completely stupid though and BS. Statistically, the U.S. has more problems with Canada returning children than any other country in the world from divorced parents. And Canada is part of the Hague Treaty.

Avefenix
24th Feb 2014, 10:59
Thanks Fred!!
Very useful