PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone know the guy who runs this website???

Rob 747
15th Nov 2001, 17:09
02FO (http://www.becomeapilot.fsnet.co.uk/)

Has anyone joined this website or do you know who Cpt J Edwards is???

Wee Weasley Welshman
15th Nov 2001, 17:47
Works for BMi as I understand it. He/They are genuine airline pilots.

I think their book is a bit too expensive for what it is and I have not idea how the website membership thing works but I would be amazed if you could not get the same info from joining the IPA/Balpa/Co-Pilot Register.

I find 02FO to be a little too upbeat in their outlook. I have recommended their book on several occassions here though.

Hew Jampton
15th Nov 2001, 18:05
Anybody who says, "My name is Captain J Edwards" has got to be a bit of a plonker and/or poser. How odd of his parents to give him the first name 'Captain'.

Rob 747
15th Nov 2001, 18:07
Cheers WWW

I joined 02FO last year. The book is great for a mental uplift! :D

The website/newsletter tends to be a bit more aimed at the horse racing side of things!. :rolleyes:

It always gives you a boost around the 15th of every month!!

Oh and by the way WWW,Scroggs I must take this opportunity to apologise for any grief i have caused you over the past couple of weeks. As you can tell im now on probation :rolleyes: God im such a dumb ass! :D :D

[ 15 November 2001: Message edited by: Rob 747 ]

Wee Weasley Welshman
15th Nov 2001, 18:19
Not at all Rob not at all.

BillyFish2
15th Nov 2001, 18:50
WWW,

See what you mean about upbeat! Do you think their 4 manuals give you much more or different to what is contained in Clive Hughes excellent book 'Guide to getting a CPL'.

Wee Weasley Welshman
15th Nov 2001, 21:26
Nah, Clives book is the business and consise.

It won't be bettered until I get around to finishing my book on the subject!

Somehow I keep finding myself with a pool cue and Stella in hand when I swore blind earlier that I was going to do another 500 words... :rolleyes:

Cheers,

Wee Weasley Welshman
15th Nov 2001, 21:31
Yes I know consise is spelt concise.

The Islander
15th Nov 2001, 22:32
Joined last year as well. There's no doubt that Edwards is an optimist, but then again I think you've got to be in this game.

R747 did you take up the offer on the 747 Sim? I haven't yet but fancy a go. I'll pay for it using dosh won on the horses :p

Rob 747
19th Nov 2001, 02:05
The Islander,

No i didnt know anything about the 747 sim? :(
But i would have tried it if i had known :rolleyes: :confused:

Did you join the horses type thing??

I didnt bother coz it seemed to be too much like a 'get rich quick' scam!!!
:confused: :rolleyes:

[ 18 November 2001: Message edited by: Rob 747 ]

flyingwelshman
19th Nov 2001, 15:06
Does the horse racing thing really work? I know what their prodicted returns are but what REALLY happens?

FW

The Islander
19th Nov 2001, 18:44
Yes, the horse thing really works, to a degree. It's not a get rich quick scheme and you won't suddenly win a shed load of money, but it is realistic to expect winnings of several hundred pounds per month tax free, especially during the summer.

As you might expect there are a few catches and if you have any questions, e-mail and I'll do my best to answer.

The system is definitely not for the faint-hearted, or for those without Spare cash.

Do not view my comments as an endorsement.

Ernesto
21st Nov 2001, 15:56
WWW, "consise" is spelled "consise". It's "concise" which is spelled "concise".

"Spelled" is spelled "spelled".
http://dictionary.msn.com/find/entry.asp?search=spelled

Hope you don't mind this too much but we must have concision (precision ?) null (http://null) ;) :D

Michael Jeffs
22nd Nov 2001, 02:37
Is WWW spelled "WWW" or "WWW"? :confused: