PDA

View Full Version : Atr type rating information

Bbj72
10th Feb 2014, 16:06
Hello

I'm really thinking about getting an ATR type rating.
Could anyone share his experience at braathens training in Sweden ?

Or could anyone recommend a TRTO where I could do the rating ?

Thanks a lot for your help !
All feedback is more then welcome.

magicmick
10th Feb 2014, 20:00
I haven't completed the rating myself but I know of people who have used Skyblue in Exeter who have been very satisfied with the experience.

Bbj72
11th Feb 2014, 07:11
Thanks magicmick ,
I saw a lot of good reviews on pprune about skyblue.
Sent them an Email to find out more.
Do they really helped your friends to get a job?

magicmick
11th Feb 2014, 18:54
They do not pretend that they can get you a job, they are honest about that. They did get some ferry work delivering ATRs to various airlines and they used my friend as a 1st Officer for the ferry work (not sure if they paid him for this) but they certainly repaid his expenses.

Bbj72
15th Feb 2014, 18:33
Thanks for your answer magicmick.
Any more feedbacks ?

speed_alive_rotate
16th Feb 2014, 10:35
Simtech in Dublin has an excellent reputation. Highly thought of by huge number of airlines, Ryanair, Aer Arann, Aer Lingus just to name a few!!

OhNoCB
16th Feb 2014, 10:37
Simtech don't do type ratings, they just house the sims. If you do an ATR type rating "at simtech", Aer Arann is the TRTO I believe.

Bbj72
17th Feb 2014, 08:15
Thank you for the answers.
I'm looking at aer arann but was unable to find the page for their type rating perhaps I didn't search well enough.
Or maybe you only get the type rating with them after passing the job interview ?

OhNoCB
17th Feb 2014, 14:38
Last rumour I heard about it was that they didn't have the resources to send TRI/Es to do non company type ratings, and therefore they had stopped offering the course to Self Sponsored John for now.

I stress this was only something I heard, I can't verify it.

Bbj72
18th Feb 2014, 21:13
Thank you for your detailed answer latecoere240 there was a lot of ATR TRTO that I didn't know existed.
Are you ATR type rated ?

liftman
21st Feb 2014, 16:59
...prices btween trto mentioned quite similar, which one are the best?

latecoere240
5th Apr 2015, 04:19
Someone had heard about flygac, Global air crew for an ATR type rating in denmark?

ATR Type Rating - Ferry Flights & Operator Support-600 (http://www.flygac.com)
Airline ? pilot ? cabin crew - application - Global Air Crew (http://globalaircrew.dk)