PDA

View Full Version : Global CMS Panel Locations

Tray Surfer
7th Feb 2014, 22:04
Hello Ladies and Gentlemen,

A question if I may, and apologies as always.

I have been looking at cabin and galley operation on different aircraft, and have noted something that I would like to confirm if any of you may know.

On the Global Express, where a crew rest area is installed, there appears to be a form of fold down desk area, with, what I have deemed appears to be a secondary Cabin Management System touch screen. However, I have not managed to find out if my "assumption" from what I have managed to find out, is indeed correct.

If someone is on the Global which has a rest compartment could confirm this, I would be very grateful. And, if so, is its primary use as a backup? Or, on sectors where no 3rd FC is required, does the FA tend to use the rest area to sit and do admin/orders etc… ?

Thanks to anyone who humours my inquisitive mind.

Warmest Regards,

TS
:)

flydive1
8th Feb 2014, 07:49
Hi, the GLEX has the CES(CMS) screen in the galley.

There is a plug-in screen in the crew rest area, with some repeat function of the main screen, but can also made main screen by a touch of a button.

The screen behind the fold down table in the crew rest is the PMAT, a maintenance computer, not used by the F/A.

Yes, in most Global I've seen, the crew rest area is used by the F/A to sit and do her/his stuff.

Tray Surfer
9th Feb 2014, 11:13
Thanks flydive1,

Makes sense. I was only confused as the only picture I had seen of the PMAT had something displayed on it, similar to the CES.

Thanks again for your time. Safe flying.

TS :)

Beech_Boy
14th Feb 2014, 07:16
The PMAT can only be powered by setting a CB on the flight deck EMS CDU so F/A staff will not power it anyway