PDA

View Full Version : Gapan Aptitude Assessment

kalsh
6th Feb 2014, 21:56
Hi, i am an aspiring commercial pilot. I have read that Gapan hold assessment days and give you there opinion on how well you would get on as a pilot or if you should even put the money down to become one. I have read the paper work for the application form and noticed it says

"I wish to attend the Aptitude Testing Session at RAF Cranwell on: ___________________________
and I am aware that when I take part in this session, I will be unable to re-take these specific tests at RAF Cranwell (both with GAPAN or any other organisation) for at least 12 months."

If I attend this assessment does this mean i can not apply to such assessment day with CTC WING, FTE JEREZ or OAA for 12 month?

your advice would be very grateful.

LastMinuteChanges
6th Feb 2014, 23:10
CTC Aviation & FTE Jerez use the PILAPT test, whereas OAA & EPST use the COMPASS test.

I believe the GAPAN Aptitude Tests are actually the same test as used to assess candidates for the RAF Officer & Aircrew Selection Centre at Cranwell and therefore would not prevent you from taking the other types of tests listed above.

However, best practice would be to get in touch with someone at GAPAN to clarify this.

kalsh
6th Feb 2014, 23:24
LastMinuteChanges i appreciate the useful advice. I have just sent an email off to Gapan, hopefully they can clarify this for me further. Ill keep this post updated for any future reference.