PDA

View Full Version : Look...i broke my neck ;)

JanetFlight
6th Feb 2014, 19:28
With "plenty" of RWY ahead...:rolleyes:

JzGyTs2Sqcw

TAM MRO...map»»»

http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=-21.876389,-47.903333&q=loc:-21.876389,-47.903333&hl=en&t=h&z=14

SpringHeeledJack
6th Feb 2014, 19:46
I bet the chap got a shock when the pilot swung off the runway at that intersection rather than a bit further along!

Hotel Tango
6th Feb 2014, 21:33
I hope it was an empty positioning flight, otherwise they will have found plenty of false dentures at the front of the cabin ;)

SpringHeeledJack
7th Feb 2014, 06:07
It is pretty impressive just how quickly a large jet can stop when the pilots stamp on the brakes/really use the reverse thrusters to their full potential. Downside being FOD ingestion and wheel/brake fires from overheating. I watched some test pilots putting various Airbus aircraft through their paces with aborted takeoffs and each time the brutal stopping force was impressive, albeit with empty aircraft and light on fuel.

Smoketrails
7th Feb 2014, 09:13
It is being 'delivered' to the TAM Museum in Sao Carlos.

DaveReidUK
7th Feb 2014, 09:58
It is being 'delivered' to the TAM Museum in Sao Carlos.That's quite a catch for the museum - an A330 that's just over 6 years old.

Isn't Sao Carlos also where TAM do some of their heavy maintenance?

Smoketrails
7th Feb 2014, 11:35
Very right Dave, they do their heavy maintenance their too now.

SpringHeeledJack
7th Feb 2014, 12:28
the TAM Museum in Sao Carlos.

Forgive my ignorance, but why would a relatively new airline have a museum ? I know that they've been around since 1980 or so, but for example the ex-Varig I could've understood having had a repository of their extensive history.

DaveReidUK
7th Feb 2014, 13:07
A bit of history here, with a listing of exhibits, looks very impressive:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/TAM_Museum

Official website here:

Museu TAM - Home (http://www.museutam.com.br/home.php)

Neither seems to have caught up yet with the addition of the Airbus to the collection.

broadreach
7th Feb 2014, 14:46
SpringHeeledJack,

You'll see from DaveReid's Wikipedia link that the TAM museum is not TAM-centric. The Amado brothers were just very keen enthusiasts, besides being fairly shrewd businessmen. I'm glad they made it; in the early days of Taxi Aereo Marilia and Transportes Aereos Marilia I for one doubted they would.

llondel
8th Feb 2014, 01:49
It is pretty impressive just how quickly a large jet can stop when the pilots stamp on the brakes/really use the reverse thrusters to their full potential.

I've seen a 747 land at Cambridge Airport. I assume it was coming in on minimum fuel but it stopped really quickly once on the ground.

grounded27
8th Feb 2014, 04:47
Cambridge Airport

For maintenance. I took off (observer) from Cambridge Airport for Stanstead in a MD-11. Did a MPA takeoff, pilots blew altitude and threw down the checklist as we were on approach before they could finish it. AWW hell, it was a fun ride, only 9 minutes!