PDA

View Full Version : EK: Going the extra mile

GetBusy
6th Feb 2014, 05:31
What do you think of the latest pep-talk from Big Al?

I think: Show us the money....

glofish
6th Feb 2014, 09:18
What goes around, comes around.

The company had a real chance last year to prepare our willingness to go the extra mile. They thought they'd get away with bugger nothing again.

That might prove wrong this time. Isn't it ironical that this person expects us to go the extra mile, while it was him that cut short the possible amount of days off in a row?

We will respect the contract and the OMA, i am sure, but i think it will be difficult to tune our heads into more than that, having repeatedly experienced only the contractual minimum from them, sometimes even less .......

What goes around, comes around.

GetBusy
6th Feb 2014, 09:51
Yeah, make sure you don´t bust the 10kt speed limit on U,W,Y and Z in an effort to make your slot...

checcker10
6th Feb 2014, 11:21
They won't be getting any extra miles from me.
Why make any effort for them when they simply don't/ won't for us
' You reap what you sow ' EK and you've fed from the trough for free for far too long. :=
Look out,here comes chaos!!!!

mooseknuckles
6th Feb 2014, 13:12
I'm curious what he means by "extra mile." Some of us are already scheduled to the extent of legality. All the miles we are allowed to go have already been allocated, so I don't see any extra that I can or would volunteer.

Wizofoz
6th Feb 2014, 14:35
Where was this missive? I don't seem to have received it.

fatbus
6th Feb 2014, 14:57
Same here , nothing.

BobDole
6th Feb 2014, 17:55
http://www.superiorsilkscreen.com/538-736-thickbox/the-beatings-will-continue-until-morale-improves.jpg

Rim-job
6th Feb 2014, 18:02
I find it quite ironic that the runway shutdown will be right around the time we're all due for a pay review. Could be some interesting times ahead.

That part about going the extra mile... yea, good one. :=

As the old saying goes over on this side of the globe, "money talks".

Boeingrestricted
6th Feb 2014, 19:38
There is no such thing as an extra mile, not even an inch in my vocabulary.
I wrote something similar some time ago, coz this leads to something else what's unacceptable. My rigid stance serves the future (professionally as well as individually (this is an individual loss scenario if left alone)).

falconeasydriver
6th Feb 2014, 19:39
The definition of "going the extra mile"

English definition of “go the extra mile”
go the extra mile
› to make more effort than is expected of you:
He's a nice guy, always ready to go the extra mile for his friends.

Does anyone see the irony here? or perhaps this explains things a bit more succinctly.

attitude reflects leadership - YouTube

Just worth pondering.

rocketsauceroy
7th Feb 2014, 00:17
We have to go the extra mile or he might not get his bonus.

glofish
7th Feb 2014, 03:36
What do you think of the latest pep-talk from Big Al?

Didn't find the mail?

It's not from TCAS, for once, it came from the engineer, right from the top. You know, the guy who's posts you delete instantly. So go to the trash files and look for a mail of the big pilot hater.

flareflyer
8th Feb 2014, 06:55
It is really interesting to read what few coleagues think about going the extramile......
Most uf us are fed up, most of us are willing to show how disappointed they are with the managament but then......when the time comes and we really have the chance to show our feelings........ Everything changes........
How many of us really said no to discretion or no to a call during a day off?
It is not my intention to criticize our category but honestly i lost my faith in it.....
Nothing will change......... And they know it.......:ugh::{:ugh:

glofish
8th Feb 2014, 08:24
Flareflyer

You might be right and it is understandable.

This time however it is different. You have a chance to shape the future.
With the upcoming situation they expect us to go the extra mile, in other words to take shortcuts, to make flight preps shorter, to apply thrust 20" earlier behind a whale, to go into discretion already at the beginning of the trip etc.

Make life safer by not doing so, because with the slightest little hick-up they'll be all over you like a pack of hyenas. No thanks there.
Make your future better by applying the exact rules they bullied into us repeatedly, because any slack we might give during this summer will simply be regarded as the normal minimum in the future!

For once the workforce is regarded as "minimally needed", otherwise the big manitou would not have adressed us directly. Let's show them how well we know the books thrown at us eternally, but if there is any kind of recognition with the PS or new T&Cs, then let's show them thereafter what they were missing before.

Safe flights and think about our all future

captainsmiffy
8th Feb 2014, 10:14
Not seen the email as nobody apparently saw fit for me to read it.....perhaps going that extra mile is seen as a waste of time in my case?! I just go to work, get on with it, try to have a good time and be as professional as I can without bending over backwards and exposing myself....1st wave.....2nd wave....runway closures.....dont even give them a thought any more. The company sees to it that we are in no uncertain terms as to just how much we are valued and now is the time, as a result, to show them that, had morale been looked after, they would have got a damn sight more out of us. Ye reap what ye sow.....if they couldnt see this one coming then good luck to them as it goes off the rails....smile and wave, boys, smile and wave!

Kamelchaser
8th Feb 2014, 11:34
Went the extra mile this morning..in fact it was about an extra 15miles per hour.

Got me to breakfast a bit earlier.

Very pleased with myself. Company man an' all.

ironbutt57
8th Feb 2014, 11:45
You EK pilots are all so ungrateful...why they even invite you into their nice shiny office bldg for some free tea n bikkies when you report sick with a certified sick note...we were never fortunate enough to have that a my airline:}:}

SOPS
8th Feb 2014, 12:52
I already go the extra mile. 92 hours every month, max days off limited to 5.
Roster manipulation....I've put up with all of this, going the extra mile, for now at least.

Dropp the Pilot
9th Feb 2014, 00:35
There was some talk of that mob offering rotational rosters (30 on/30 off). If they did I would be down there this afternoon, ready to go with a UAE GCA licence, type endorsement, medical and current PPC. That should be convenient for everyone.

BANANASBANANAS
11th Feb 2014, 02:41
Dropp. I can 100% confirm that the deal you refer to is being offered up the road. The devil is in the detail though. It is for Captains only who are over 50 and have more than 3 years service.

GoreTex
11th Feb 2014, 04:59
because of that deal I would recommend to join EY, one day you will be 50 and then you want to do part time.

besides that, in a few years EY will be the stronger airline anyway, look how many airlines they own already, EK had a monopoly for many years but the winds have changed.

halas
11th Feb 2014, 10:42
I'm not convinced the mob down the road are better because "they own" other airlines.
Technically they own themselves. Otherwise they have share holdings only in companies that are losing money hand over fist.
Yes they have deep pockets. But when economies start to tank around the world, l suspect the owners arms will get shorter.

halas