PDA

View Full Version : Difference between Taranis and nEUROn

bob lee swagger
6th Feb 2014, 02:28
I've always wonder why do they look so alike?

The information on the "Defence-Update" website saids that Dassault Aviation and BAE Systems are working on a collaborative study of a future Joint Unmanned Combat Air System (UCAS) project, to agree on the definition of a joint demonstrator that could fly by the end of this decade. Under the joint program the two countries will share information of current UCAS technology demonstration programs run separately by both nations – Taranis in the UK and nEUROn in France.

I mean the French is working with several countries on the nEUROn but why the British has to build their own UCAV alone?

What's the political background behind it, I couldn't find any answers. Hope you guys can help me with it!

Thanks a lot

The Helpful Stacker
6th Feb 2014, 08:45
I'm guessing they look alike because their form is derived from design processes that take onto account their intended functions and current technologies.

Martin the Martian
6th Feb 2014, 09:54
I would agree. Take a look at most modern airliners or current generation fighter aircraft.

Common requirements all resulting in similar configurations.

Jimlad1
6th Feb 2014, 10:40
Call me very cynical, but I sense a force rising who I thought was long dead - the language, the poor spelling, the attempt to get a UK/France bite. Is it possible that Thunder/Sampiax/Gilles/Gn54/Gogo or whatever the hell that god awful french troll who hated the UK so much that he actually lives here is called today has come back to haunt these boards?

u_fokker
12th Feb 2014, 11:04
He's safely tucked away on Indian defence forum under the name 'dragonfly' - Still ranting about the LM and EF conspiracy to get him banned etc.............. You know the rest!